3. Opeth
4. Blut aus Nord
5. Dark Lunacy
6. Incantation
7. Edge of Sanity
8. Swallow the Sun
9. Death
10. Nokturnal Mortum

To me this is only really doable because I put a small number of unique acts significantly above most of the death/black/doom metal I listen to, whereas if I was listing multiple death metal bands like you guys, I'd be way too conflicted with the high number of absurdly good bands. Though I did decide finally that The Beatles don't belong on my list considering I really only listen to Rubber Soul and Abbey Road with any degree of regularity, no matter how obsessively I may listen to Rubber Soul.

I can't do an ALL TIME top 10, that would be impossible.

Current Metal Top 10:

1.) Pungent Stench
2.) Acid Bath
3.) Celtic Frost
4.) Jig-Ai
5.) Haemmorhage
6.) Bile
7.) Orphaned Land
8.) Impaled
9.) Vital Remains
10.) Monstrosity

Current Non-Metal Top 10:

1.) R.E.M.
2.) Wu-Tang Clan
3.) Wire
4.) Black Sheep
5.) Primal Scream
6.) Scott Walker
7.) Cat Stevens
8.) Bjork
9.) The Jam
10.) Outkast

To me this is only really doable because I put a small number of unique acts significantly above most of the death/black/doom metal I listen to, whereas if I was listing multiple death metal bands like you guys, I'd be way too conflicted with the high number of absurdly good bands. Though I did decide finally that The Beatles don't belong on my list considering I really only listen to Rubber Soul and Abbey Road with any degree of regularity, no matter how obsessively I may listen to Rubber Soul.

Rubber Soul is definitely the best Beatles album.

Slayer
Judas Priest
Aeternus
Mercyful Fate
Cirith Ungol
Pentagram
Incantation
Asphyx
Gorgoroth
Summoning

Alphabetical order:

Agalloch
Bathory
Bloodbath
Corrosion of Conformity
Equilibrium
Katatonia
Metallica
Opeth
Slayer
Tool

In order:

Tool
Slayer
Fear Factory
Meshuggah
Sadus
Pantera
Alice in Chains
Lamb of God
Faith No More
Soundgarden

Also a big fan of NIN, Sublime and Hed Pe

Almost impossible but here goes

Iron Maiden
Opeth
Dark Tranquillity
Megadeth
Overkill
Nevermore
Strapping Young Lad (+Solo stuff)
Kreator
Death
Vio-Lence

List of the day, not in any order.

In no particular order:

01. Blind Guardian
I've thoroughly enjoyed almost every album BG has put out. Epic choruses, clever lyrics (sometimes cheesy), and very empowering music. Definitely the premier power metal band, IMO.

02. Tool
I've been a fan of Tool for as long as I can remember. I used to spend time deciphering their obscure lyrics and every member of the band is excellent at what they do. Very intelligent prog. metal.

03. Gojira
When I first heard their track "Love", I was immediately a fan of the band. Every album of theirs is a gem.

04. Testament
My favorite thrash band. Definitely should have been given more credit for their work in the 80's.

05. Amon Amarth
The band that first introduced me into Viking metal. Epic riffs and growls.

06. Isis
VERY underrated post-metal. Their latest, and last album, is a diamond in the rough.

07. Neurosis
I read somewhere that one of Mastodon's guitarists listened to Neurosis' entire discography on acid. I should try that sometime.

08. Opeth
Blackwater Park is a metal classic. The band members are virtuosos at what they do.

09. Primordial
Their newest albums feature very vocally powerful compositions and drumming. Averill's voice is definitely a unique one.

10. Hypocrisy
Melodic and brutal, yet hauntingly amazing at times.

1.Cannibal Corpse
I love these guys with all my metal heart. They were one of the biggest influences for me while growing up and they ticked off PMRC a lot.
2.Dethklok
I love these guys because they might be itself an FAKE band but the actual band members are one of the heroes to bring metal back to the mainstream
3.Children of Bodom
I love the people of finland giving us great bands. I love these guys how they incopprated power metal with thrash metal with thier own indgredients that make their albums amazing

4.Nevermore
I can not deny their amazing melodies and lyrical meanings. They are indeed a huge influence on me.

5.Moonspell
Moonspell..do i need a reason? lol

((i give half now and half later)) lol

I can see this thread becoming a huge flamefest just judging on both of your lists. lol.

Black Sabbath
Pelican
Metallica
Windir
Opeth
Agalloch
Enslaved
Amorphis
Clutch
Slayer

I wanted to add Tool, but that's more out of Lateralus worship than a genuine enjoyment of their catalog as a whole.