Top 10 Favorite Bands

It's not about hooks. All of their stuff is really good, but for different reasons. The song 'Soil's Song' for example...from the same album. Has more meaning in a few lines than half the shit most of us listen to.

Ugh, forget it. I do not desire to defend a good band at all anymore. Ignorance is okay from now on. I DECLARE IT!

1. Atheist
2. Death
3. Strapping Young Lad
4. Devin Townsend
5. Pain of Salvation
6. Cynic
7. Evergrey
8. Tool
9. Opeth
10. Alice In Chains

These are in no particular order. Huge fan of technical/progressive metal.

Besides the first two my list changes daily, but as of right now this moment I'd say:

1. Helloween
2. Gamma Ray
3. Amon Amarth
4. Skeletonwitch
5. Metallica
6. Megadeth
7. Edguy
8. Death
9. Grave Digger
10. Rage

mad river
nobuo
early atg
the chasm
radiohead circa kid a
the gun club
slayer
warning
jag panzer/satan's host (i'm allowed to do this)
arch-era fates warning
manilla road
sacramentum

can't turn that into 10

also technically elend are in there but that's really only 'cause i associate them inextricably with steven erikson after massive amounts of simultaneous listening&reading

No clue If I posted in this thread yet but I like so many bands now that I can't really think of a top 10. But the first 10 bands that come to mind

1. In Flames
2. Death
3. Iron Maiden
4. Opeth
5. Metallica
6. Emperor
7. Blind Guardian
8. Dark Tranquillity
9. Dream Theater
10. Megadeth

The list could go on...

Wait so explain your name again..I thought it was a mix of "In" Flames + Necro"phagist" with a "to" being thrown in there

Now I don't see any love for Necrophagist on your list so I'm confused

Who said anything about Necrophagist being a top favorite band? Onset is one of the best albums in the genre. But one album can't make a top band list for me. All the bands I listed have at least 5 albums I love by them. And LOL I guess it looks that way but whatever. It's a shitty name but I can't change it.

And the Into was for Into Eternity around the time Buried in Oblivion came out.

Nile
Heavenly
Blind Guardian
Lost Horizon
Tarujen Saari
Bathory
Pagan Reign

I dont think I can choose the rest.
Of course there's Absu, Hibria, Immortal, King Diamond, Enslaved... who knows

Who said anything about Necrophagist being a top favorite band? Onset is one of the best albums in the genre. But one album can't make a top band list for me. All the bands I listed have at least 5 albums I love by them. And LOL I guess it looks that way but whatever. It's a shitty name but I can't change it.

So was I right about the name? And you can easily change your name, just go to that Name Change Forum and request a new one

Heavenly on the top 10? That's fucking weird...they sound so generic to me.

Periodic update, alphabetically ordered. Kreator and Amon Amarth are the top two, not sure who wins.

Amon Amarth
Bathory
Dark Tranquillity
Human Fortress
In Flames
Kreator
Metallica
Nile
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Skeletonwitch

This is based off a mix of what I listen to the most plus what comes to mind when I think about my 10 favorite bands. It was actually difficult coming up with a full list because I tend to listen to albums rather than bands; for example, DT's place on that list is mostly due to The Gallery, and both Skeletonwitch and Human Fortress are on there due to two albums each. There are very few bands whose entire discographies I listen to with any frequency (who have more than one or two albums, anyhow). Making a list of my 10 favorite albums, however, would be horribly difficult.

EDIT:
Found an old list from earlier in this thread (March 08)
Hard to do....but:
(no order)

In Flames (Shocker!)
Dark Tranquility
Amon Amarth
Vital Remains
Opeth
Emperor
Kreator
Iron Maiden
Rhapsody
So...4/10 still. Also, dunno why Opeth was ever on that list, as I don't think I ever listened to them that much. Interesting to see how things have changed and not changed, though.

My proper list, in no particular order.

Electric Wizard
Burzum
Limbonic Art
My Dying Bride
Cradle of Filth
Agalloch
Acturus
Enslaved
Darkthrone
Dimmu Borgir