Top 10 favourite albums of all time?

Deliverance6 said:
I guess Ill throw a few out there.......very hard to chose...this does not include Katatonia......and is in no order....

1.Morbid Angel-Blessed are the sick
2. Deicide-Deicide
3.Dodhiemsgard-666 international
4.Arcanum-Kampen
5.Aborym....hmmm.....Kali Yuga....or with no human intervention.....
6.VED BUENS ENDE-THOSE WHO CARESS THE PALE
7.Sadus-Vision of Misery
8.Tulus-Evil 1999
9.Impaled Nazarene-Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz
10.Death-Human.

this is of course some of my metal choices......jesus....genre mixing would take me a while for me to figure out.

The best list I've seen thusfar! What about Written in waters?

the_dying said:
The best list I've seen thusfar! What about Written in waters?

love that one too......and I have originals of both VBE cds.......I have been really trying to get news on Carl-Michael Eide.......he was set on getting Ved Buens Ende back together before he took that horrendous jump from the 5th floor of that building.....last I have heard after much searching he was waking up....little by little......but that is all I have heard.....oh....and thank you for the compliment....

Oh god, this must change on a daily basis for me, but I'll have a go.

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Ulver - Perdition City
Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
HammerFall - Crimson Thunder
Rammstein - Mutter
Agathodaimon - Chapter III
Carcass - Heartwork
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones
Stars Of The Lid - The Tired Sounds Of Stars Of The Lid

katatonia - discouraged one
opeth -damnation
katatonia - bmd
opeth - blackwater park
black sabbath - sabbath bloody abbath or master of reality or...any other with ozzy:)
Moonspell - wolfheart
XIII stoleti - werewolf
kreator - endorama
david bowie - ziggy stardust or the cure kiss me....

and where is katatonia with the sound of 'from funerals...'
i ve got enough of popotonia:)

Deliverance6 said:
love that one too......and I have originals of both VBE cds.......I have been really trying to get news on Carl-Michael Eide.......he was set on getting Ved Buens Ende back together before he took that horrendous jump from the 5th floor of that building.....last I have heard after much searching he was waking up....little by little......but that is all I have heard.....oh....and thank you for the compliment....

You prolly checked out Virus on Jester Records?

In no particular order, I'm also gonna write some short descriptions to refrain from totally shameless namedropping.

Anathema - Judgement:
An album that truly made me go from a 100% metalhead to appreciating calmer and more melancholic music. Possibly the one CD that has spent the most time on my playlist.

Death - Symbolic:
One of the best Death Metal albums of all time, without a doubt. Simply a bunch of brilliant and incredibly memorable tunes. Dead or a live, Chuck was a genius.

Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream:
For me, this is _the_ Death Metal album. Every damn song is pretty much perfect, despite the slightly untight playing. Great production values, as well.

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day:
My favourite Katatonia CD as well as the album that pretty much wrote the book on how to play Doom/Death. Excellent atmosphere with Mikael's demonic vocals as the icing on the cake.

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down:
A great, addictive album full of perfectly balanced tunes. When naming my favourite tracks on LFDGD it's impossible to stop even after mentioning five of them.

Katatonia - Tonight's Decision:
Sort of similar to LFDGD in terms of why it belongs on this list. The tunes are just undeniably brilliant.

Lumsk - Asmund Fraedegjevar:
An oddball band that opened me up to Viking and Folk Metal a couple of years ago. Heavy brooding guitar riffs mixed with violins and choirs, and surprisingly it works like a charm. Still my favourite band of the genre.

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black:
A great combination of storytelling, feeling and mindblowing musicianship. One hell of a unique journey, full with excellent tunes like "No More Will" and "Beyond Within".

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia:
This is one of the few album that can compete with newer Katatonia in terms of forming an addiction. Just the quantity of time I've spent listening to songs like "Blackest Eyes" and "Trains" motivates this nomination.

The Crown - Deathrace King:
A band that somewhat disappeared from my playlist in recent times. Still, I can't deny the power of this album. Fast, catchy and well-written melodic Death Metal with thrash influences.

Deliverance6 said:

Ved Buens Ende sadly never got the attention they deserved with their great, innovative music. it's the same case as with In The Woods..., Monumentum, The 3rd And The Mortal, and many others...

Only Full-Lenght, no EP
NINE INCH NAIILS - The Fragile.
DEEP chasm
NINE INCH NAIILS The Downward Spiral
TOOL - Aenima
TOOL - Lateralus
Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Apocalyptica - Cult
Placebo - Sleeping With The Ghosts
Underworld - Everything, everything live
NIN -With Teeth

Hypnos said:
Ved Buens Ende sadly never got the attention they deserved with their great, innovative music.

so true.....I bought "those who caress the pale" right when it came out.....and it has been on my cd player many many times......its nice to have finally got a PC so I dont ruin it more than I did.......lots of junked out nights listening to those Cds.....VBE and Katatonia are some of the only CDs I never pawned for dope......

ULVER - Perdition City
DARK TRANQUILLITY - The Mind's I
AMORPHIS - Elegy
KATATONIA - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
TIAMAT - Wildhoney
TIAMAT - A Deeper Kind of Slumber
SENTENCED - The Cold White Light
SAMAEL - Eternal
IN FLAMES - Whoracle
ANATHEMA - A Natural Disaster

Cant Say These Are In Order, But These Are My Ten Favourite Albums

Viva Emptiness-Katatonia
Darkness And Hope-Moonspell
Figure Number Five-Soilwork
The Cold White Lights-Sentenced
Confusion Bay-Raunchy
A Fine Day To Exit-Anathema
The Gallery-Dark Tranquility
Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness-Green Carnation
In Absentia-Porcupine Tree
Theli-Therion

katatonia... brave murder day
katatonia... dance of december souls
paradise lost.. icon
rotting christ.. triarchy of the lost lovers..
satyricon.. nemesis divina
opera ix... sacro culto
opeth.. morningrise
nightfall.. athenian echoes
anathema.. the silent enigma
dimmu borgir.. enthrone darkness triumphant

hmm edit: summoning.. let the mortal heroes sing your fame...

1. Anathema- Alt. 4
2. Anathema- Eternity
3. Anathema- Judgement
4. Katatonia- LFDGD
5. Iced Earth- Alive in Athens
6. Metallica- Ride the lightning
7. My Dying Bride- Like Gods of the Sun
8. Nick Drake- Made to love Magic
9. Antimatter- Planetary Confinement
10. Anathema- The Silent Enigma