Top 10 freeware plugins IMO (good stuff inside)

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Hey guys
I wrote a long fucking blog today (I love my life as a dickhead) it's basically what I consider to be the top 10 freeware plugs and will hopefully encourage legitimisation

read it hiargh > http://joereynolds.tumblr.com/

this took me like an hour and a half of solid screen staring and plug testing, so if you could take 3 minutes to look I'd be grateful :)

Nice stuff! I got most of the "nifty" stuff on there, but I'll try those EQs / compressors. Trying to get a bit more diversity than the stock Reaper stuff.

Cheers!

#12 - Voxengo MSED - free M/S decoder / encoder.
#13 - Glaceverb - Very cool freeware verb.
#14 - Baxxpander - Cool Waves MaxxBass clone.
#15 - Kjaerhus Classic Suite - Very good freeware plugin bundle (includes, reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, compressor, EQ) - I use these all the time actually, and they're killer for freebies.
#16 - Ardaz Maximizer - Very good, easu to use freeware maximizer.

There are a billion other freeware gems out there, but these were the first 5 to hit me.

Cool list, but I would have put Antress on the list. Great plugins, I use the LA2a sim all the time.

Bootsy (the guy from Variety Of Sound) is making a delay called NastyDLA. One thing I hate about NastyVCS is that it doesn´t show the exact numeric value as you twist the knobs. This is ok for things like saturation, but for EQ I really miss the precision. I would add on that list Density MKII (best free master bus compressor), TLs Maximizer (best brickwall plugin ever), ReaComp and ReaXcomp. Maybe KeFir and LeCto.

Wasn't I the one who sent you links for the Variety of Sound stuff?

:)

Glad you like 'em.

I'm not sure. I do remember learning about them here....

It probably was you dude

Thanks man, I can get a nice fat sound out of density without adding much color, sometimes that's just what I'm looking for

Neil

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, dude!!! It's great to see advocates of the legitness. There were a few on the list that I hadn't heard of before and I will definitely be trying them out. How could anyone NOT love freeware? I know I sure do.

:kickass:

Bootsy (the guy from Variety Of Sound) is making a delay called NastyDLA. One thing I hate about NastyVCS is that it doesn´t show the exact numeric value as you twist the knobs. This is ok for things like saturation, but for EQ I really miss the precision. I would add on that list Density MKII (best free master bus compressor), TLs Maximizer (best brickwall plugin ever), ReaComp and ReaXcomp. Maybe KeFir and LeCto.

I like TLs.
Good stuff for a free plug in. On par with even some commercial plug ins.