4. Every Iron Maiden album
5. Every Iron Maiden album
6. Every Iron Maiden album
7. Every Iron Maiden album
8. Every Iron Maiden album
9. Every Iron Maiden album
10. Every Iron Maiden album

Reactions: CiG
Hmmm... Not really, as I said , I'm obsessed. Their first album is amazing, I love Paul's voice on that one. Number of the Beast is great but maybe a bit overrated... I'd still say it's my favourite as it has Bruce on vocals and Clive on drums, who was simply amazing. I prefer his style to Nicko's personally, although Nicko is probably the better drummer technically. Piece of Mind and Powerslave are great too, I'm not so familiar with Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son yet (need to listen to them) and after that I don't enjoy their work so much... However The Book of Souls is great. But NotB is my favourite, right now at least. Do you have a favourite?

Fair enough. I love the drum intro to Where Eagles Dare. Clive had feel that Nicko has never quite had in my opinion, but that is one hell of a way to enter a band. So tasteful. Oh and Still Life is incredible, and so underrated.

"8. Def Leppard - Hysteria"

A lot of people think of Def Leppard as just rock so I am surprised people here are calling true metal... Not the Hysteria isn't one of the prettiest song I have ever heard...

1. Riot - Fire Down Under
2. Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
3. Metal Church - s/t
4. Savage - Loose 'n' Lethal
5. Slayer - Reign In Blood
6. Wild Dogs - Reign Of Terror
7. Exodus - Bonded By Blood
8. Dètente - Recognize No Authority
9. Hallows Eve - Tales Of Terror
X. Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin

Am I the only one who thinks Venom is severely overrated?

I can sort of agree, the music is pretty sloppy when compared to other metal acts around the time (early 80's), however, their importance to all extreme metal cannot be understated. Call them a Satanic Motorhead, if you will, although they aren't as good as Motorhead and never will be.I do own 'Welcome to Hell' and 'Black Metal' as well as the latest album 'From the Very Depths' and they all rock. Overrated? Perhaps, but extreme metal needed these guys more than any other band IMO. Sound, image, and subject matter were all needed to kickstart extreme metal like death, thrash and black with Venom's early work.

Reactions: Wyvern
You're missing their best, At War With Satan.

I know the album, used to listen to it alot but don't have it anymore. It's a good album, Will get it again soon. Rip Ride is my favorite song.

'From the Very Depths' is surprisingly good, their latest one. Cronos is the only original member but the songs are pretty tight. I picked it up recently along with Saxon's new one 'Battering Ram' and defiantely got my money's worth. Both are great releases from two legendary British bands still making great metal after all these years.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic

I'll make a top 10 list soon, but I feel pretty tired, so maybe later. However Manilla Road's 'Crystal Logic' is definantely up there

Reactions: Wyvern and CiG
I'll make a stab at putting a 'Top 10' list, and in no particular order. Mostly 80's metal, but that's just my thing.

1. Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
2. Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
3. Manowar - Kings Of Metal
4. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
5. Mercyful Fate - Melissa
6. Death - Leprosy
7. Accept - Restless and Wild
8. Possessed - Seven Churches
9. Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force
10. Obituary - Cause of Death

Hmmm... Not really, as I said , I'm obsessed. Their first album is amazing, I love Paul's voice on that one. Number of the Beast is great but maybe a bit overrated... I'd still say it's my favourite as it has Bruce on vocals and Clive on drums, who was simply amazing. I prefer his style to Nicko's personally, although Nicko is probably the better drummer technically. Piece of Mind and Powerslave are great too, I'm not so familiar with Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son yet (need to listen to them) and after that I don't enjoy their work so much... However The Book of Souls is great. But NotB is my favourite, right now at least. Do you have a favourite?

Dude! Get on listening to 'Somewhere In Time' and 'Seventh Son' asap! They use synths and effects and keyboards on both albums but I prefer SsoaSS over SiT but only slightly, but if you call yourself a Maiden fan do check these albums out.

The Book Of Souls is amazing, it is the best Bruce Dickinson reunion album since he came back after the two Blaze Bayley fiascos (yuck, both X Factor and Virtual XI were the two crappiest albums they ever made, with only 4 good songs in total from both. What was Steve Harris thinking!?!?!?) and it may very well be Maiden's best sonic escape yet. It showcases the bands songwriting talents to it's fullest with this one, I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was until I listened to it.

BUT...... Somewhere In Time features in my opinion the greatest ever Iron Maiden song.......Alexander The Great. Perfection, to say the least.

Reactions: Burzum_Maiden
Dude! Get on listening to 'Somewhere In Time' and 'Seventh Son' asap! They use synths and effects and keyboards on both albums but I prefer SsoaSS over SiT but only slightly, but if you call yourself a Maiden fan do check these albums out.

The Book Of Souls is amazing, it is the best Bruce Dickinson reunion album since he came back after the two Blaze Bayley fiascos (yuck, both X Factor and Virtual XI were the two crappiest albums they ever made, with only 4 good songs in total from both. What was Steve Harris thinking!?!?!?) and it may very well be Maiden's best sonic escape yet. It showcases the bands songwriting talents to it's fullest with this one, I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was until I listened to it.

BUT...... Somewhere In Time features in my opinion the greatest ever Iron Maiden song.......Alexander The Great. Perfection, to say the least.
I've been making my way through Seventh Son recently, I haven't really had time to sit down and listen to it in full since I've been busy lately (as can be seen from my lack of activity here), and holy shit it's amazing... Moonchild kicks ass, it's got to be one of Maiden's best opening songs!! When I find the time I'll give Somewhere in Time a try, I was interested in Seventh Son first because of the concept behind it.

And yes, Book of Souls is one of their best albums since Bruce's return. Brave New World rips as well, probably my second favourite.