Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

i'm 90% sure the only metal album i heard this year was Darkthrone's Arctic Thunder which is really good

Nick Cave's Skeleton Tree blows anything metal out of the water tbh.

and i'd rather listen to carly rae jepsen's emotion side b (my aoty) than anything that dusty old fart has done but its fucking irrelevant to this topic so

Why not eat a box of baking soda if you love basic shit so much?

CRJ's last 2 releases (Emotion and Emotion Side B) really aren't 'basic shit' - least not in the context of current pop music (which i'm guessing next to no one here has an even half informed opinion on and any opinion they do have is some variation of 'pop music is shit')

She showed a shit ton of growth and doesn't deserve being associated with Call Me Maybe anymore

Danny Brown isn't a band, he's a rapper, and an extremely different one that switches between a kind of low key "normal" sound and a much higher pitched, more manic style. If you don't like rap, I don't know how much enjoyment you'd get, but it's also not your typical rap.

CRJ's last 2 releases (Emotion and Emotion Side B) really aren't 'basic shit' - least not in the context of current pop music (which i'm guessing next to no one here has an even half informed opinion on and any opinion they do have is some variation of 'pop music is shit')

She showed a shit ton of growth and doesn't deserve being associated with Call Me Maybe anymore

I don't think all pop music is shit - Marie Laforêt certainly isn't. There is a faint chance that I'm unfairly prejudging CRJ's most recent album. However, I must be given good reason to believe that it has pathos for it to be even remotely worthwhile. I looked up the page on RYM for that album, and it gave the descriptors of "happy, energetic, romantic, love, melodic, optimistic, summer, female vocals, uplifting, passionate, party", so I don't expect it to not suck.

Reactions: Draehl