Top 3 musicians

My favorite musicians? of these days? or back in da good old ones? haha
tough choice...

Favs: Peter Lindgren, Johan DeFarfalla, Steve Digiorgio
Best: Jimmy Page, Randy Rhoads, Hellhammer (of Mayhem fame)

Its extremely hard to tell even my favorite musicians.
And the best ones too. So these guys might not be there tomorrow.
:p

That's really quite a tough one....

The ultimate number 1 has to be Jimi Hendrix, and I do see Mr Akerfeldt as a bit of a god. So who would be my 3rd??? Well, by discovering the Porcupine Tree/Steve Wilson back-catalogue I would ahve to say him so:

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Mikael Akerdeldt
3. Steve Wilson

With Jimmy Page just pushing up onto joint 3rd maybe.....

1. Keith Emerson - most underrated keyboardist ever (in my view)
2. Jimmy Page - just because
3. Geoff Tate - I always thought Queensryche vocals were the best

1) James Murphy-Best Guitarist
2)Hellhammer-Best Drummer
3)Mikael-Bestguitarist vocalist
4)Digiorgio- Best Bassist

Best Songwriter-Devin Townsend

Would have been the best had he not been sent to prison and released more stuff award goes to Jon Nodtveit

Ok, as someone stated before, it's nearly impossible to just pick a top 3 but I'll do my best. Mr. Akerfeldt is going to be an obivous choice since this is an Opeth message board. Daniel Gildenlow would be my second choice. I have a lot of respect for both of these guys because not only are they great guitar players, but they are both songwriters, singers, and lyricists. They are not only musicians, they are true artists in every sense of the word. And the music that they create is simply amazing, despite having two completely different styles. The number three spot would probably go to John Petrucci. Not only is he an amazing guitar player and composer, but he was also a huge influence and inspiration to me when I first started playing the guitar.

I agree tough choices. I find it difficult to seperate one member as a favourite musician from a band, but:

1) Mikael because...you all know why!

2) Any one of The Doors, I guess Jim for mere presence but Ray Manzarek's keyboards are fucking magic too. Hell I can't pick one of them out.

goddamn it I accidently posted it before it was done. I will now attempt to finish it:

3) Rick Miah, Martin Powell, Calvin Robertshow and Andrew Craighan kick arse in the classic MDB lineup. One of them.

1.akerfeldt(musical genius)
2.dan swano(ditto, very diverse..just listen to edge of sanity and nightingale)
3.chuck schuldiner(amazing solos best from the extreme genre IMO)

well....this is very hard but i think......

*Jason Becker(My favorite guitarist)
*Mike Oldfield(my favorite melodymaker)
*Mikael Åkerfeldt(well....he just rules!!!):cool:

In no particular order:
Mikael Akerfeldt
Terry "GOD" Bozzio
Allan Holdsworth
Eric Johnson
Steve Vai
Docent (Vader)
Uli Jon Roth
Mike Patton
Michael Schenker
:D
there´s way more; i´m sure, thats just what comes off the top of my head right now...