Top 5 Favorite bands?

well evergrey have been top 3 - 1 but not now..

its hard to say top 5 so lets say this way

Prog bands: Symphony X, Adagio, Andromeda, Shadow Gallery, DGM....
Fusion, Jazz: Tribal Tech, Dennis Chambers, Horacio Hernandez....
Heavier: Fear Factory, Psycroptic, Meshuggah, Death, Opeth.....

Right now? My list changes all them time according to mood and taste, but i will list the bands that have been my favorite for the last month or so and will almost always have a place in the car or on my playlist.

1. Black Label Society (My favorite band, i worship all of the cds, and of course the mastermind behind the guitar)
2. Evergrey (Recently been blown away by The Inner Circle and also love all of the other releases except Recreation Day since i have never heard it.)
3. Death ( been really into these guys lately, cant stop listening to the song Misanthrope, i must be addicted)
4. Testament (Also another kick ass band, just think their music is so interesting, fast paced, and fucking cool.)
5. In Flames (have been listening to the live album recently and have been loving it a lot. not the best live album, but it is great nontheless and the songs all kick ass.)

As everyone else is, i coulf have listed a top 25 and it still would have been hard to choose. But im just listing these as they have had the highest rotation in the last month and have been what i feel like listening to.

As to the Pink Floyd thing, not everyone thinks they are gods gift to music. they are a good band, but never in my top 5, unless im doing something else, and in that case they are definetly in the top 5 :) Music is good, but sometimes its just not what i feel like listening to. Never going to be my favorite band though, and if they do, it will be really unlikely. Great stuff otherwise. nothing bad to say about them.

How about an honorable mention list?
Children of Bodom (probably my # 6, i love these guys)
Dark Tranquillity
Finntroll
APC/Tool
Opeth
Exodus
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Metallica (old, just like 95% of the other people on this forum, recent attempts have sucked from these sellouts)
Pantera
ok, im putting a stop to the list, i could go on for a while, but these bands deserve their spot as in they are all favorites.

Iron Maiden
Rage Against the Machine
Metallica
Staind
Blindspott (Great New Zealand band, give them a try!)

Tough to pick just 5, but here goes:

1. RUSH

Then (in constantly changing order!):

2. Threshold

3. Evergrey

4. Dream Theater

5. Iron Maiden

If I could do a top 10, I would fill it out with (old) Queensryche, (old) Metallica, Joe Satriani, Symphony X, and Journey (in no particular order!).

Lorraine

Creed

It's too hard to try and give the 5 best 'cause they attend to overlap from time to time. But I'll try...

1. Creed (he's cute)
2. Evergrey (no doubt about that)
3. HIM (he's very, very, very cute!) :loco:
4. Nightwish
5. Coheed & Cambria

As I said it's VERY difficult. So here are a few others: The Darkness, InMe, Murderdolls, Blind Guardian, Within Temptation, My Dying Bride, Dimmu Borgir, After Forever, Cradle Of Filth, The Ataris, Ayreon, Lacuna Coil, stuff like that... :headbang: :devil:

lots of deadly kisses, xxx :worship:
Deadly

1. Metallica (no doubt) (they got me into metal forever)
2. Pantera (they affect my guitar playing so much)
3. Ozzy (great songs, great guitarists,)
4. Iron Maiden (great songs, great singer,)
5. Evergrey (ive only been into evergrey for a year and they moved up all the way into my top 5!!!)

so many others could of been up there. Man my list changes all the time too.

They change from time to time but right now in my car cd player is:
Evergrey- Never gets taken out!
Moonspell
Opeth
COB
Norther and Nightwish

Seraphim said:
Moonsorrow

You rule - do you like any other Viking Metal bands? Right now I am listening to Tama Ikuinen Talvi and I am once again reminded as to why Moonsorrow is one of the genre's leading bands! :worship:

To all other, disregard my totally off-topic post here ... :D

Um...Speaking of Viking Metal. I heard that a few people from Finntroll and Nightwish were making a Viking Metal Band...called Furthest Shore I believe...Anyone heard it yet/is it any good/ etc.?

My top 5:

1)In Flames
2) Matthew Barlow Iced Earth (Sorry, Ripper sucks.)
3)Nightwish
4) Evergrey or Lacuna Coil
5) Dream Theatre

Those change often though. Depends on my mood.

I haven't heard about this Furthest Shore project yet - however, it sounds quite interesting!

GamerMetalHead - do you like the Castlevania or Silent Hill series? They're definitely my two favorite.

1. Savatage (Jon Oliva = God, Criss Oliva = the devil everyone should love :worship: , Zak Stevens would have been a lot better had he not changed his vocal work, specifically his high notes, after the edge of thorns album)
2. Iced Earth (Sorry, the Ripper rapes all.) :headbang:
3. Tad Morose (Urban Breed is amazing, and is it just me or do they have an egyptionish sound and actually pull it off? :OMG: )
4. Evergrey (the most creative metal I've heard in a long long time) o_O
5. Sinergy (Kim Goss + Alexi Laiho = 'nuff said :hotjump: )

Others: XYZ (bluesy hair metal at its finest) Bach era Skid Row, Anything Zakk Wylde is associated with (Book of Shadows is a masterpiece), Ozzy of course, Judas Priest, Edguy, Dio, Angel Dust, Accept without UDO (a.k.a. eat the heat album), AC/DC