TOP 5 RELEASES IN 2007 SO FAR...

(no specific order) Neurosis-Given to the Rising. Nest-Trails of the Unwary. Alcest-Souvenirs de autre monde(incorrect spelling I think) Candlemass-King of the Grey Islands. Novembers Doom-The Novella Reservoir. Porcupine Tree-Fear of a Blank Planet. Non-metal--Neil Young-"Live" at Massey Hall.

^I was surprised nobody mentioned that one. It's sort of Mogwai meets early Ulver, interesting stuff, although I think it could have been much better. Guess many people here would like it.

I'm surprised at a lack of a couple major prog releases. My five:

1. This spot was reserved for Wintersun's "Time" but got delayed to 2008. :(
2. Threshold - Dead Reckoning
3. Dark Tranquillity - Fiction
4. Cryogen - This Nightmare [great band, you guys would probably like them!]
5. Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

I dont really know why everyone likes Megadeth. They never did something what caught my interest.
well 2007 isnt bad so far:

Dt-Fiction, hell yeah
Jesu-Conqueror
Evergreen Terrace-Wolfbiker
Brand New-the devil and god raging inside me

QRV said:
Weird how people still like what Dream Theater keeps pulling out of their asses. Just what did you see in this record, mate?
I don't know, I enjoyed it. It's catchy and fun to listen to, but the extensive soloing is a bit irritating.

And Dream Theater absolutely rocks these songs live.

1. Ken Hensley: Blood on the Highway
2. Candlemass: King of the Grey Islands
3. Nile: Ithyphallic
4. Dark Tranquillity: Fiction
5. Symphony X: Paradise Lost

I've just listened to Deathchain - Cult of Death and thought it was really good. Sounds like old Slayer being covered by early Entombed. Very retro and very cool.

I don't know, I enjoyed it. It's catchy and fun to listen to, but the extensive soloing is a bit irritating.

And Dream Theater absolutely rocks these songs live.

I agree on the live part.

I need to get my hands on Raintime's "Flies and Lies". From the looks of things that'll be my #1 this year. "Rolling Chances" = amazingness.

BUT, "5th Season" by Dreamscape is definitely a contender too. Dreamscape anyone? Anyone? ...Bueller?

Fiction was actually dissapointing to me...sounds like the last 2 albums....to me top albums so far are

Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Darkest hour - Deliver Us
Rotting Christ - Theogonia
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant

I can say the same about dark tranquillity....what did you see in fiction sir?

*sigh*

Nothing, I actually thought it was a big disappointment. I don't know what's wrong with you people who think that just being a DT fan makes you love blindly everything they put out.

And Dream Theater still sucks. Real bad.