Top Albums of 1983 and 1993

Something rubs me the wrong way about that album. It's probably my least favorite next to Fight For the Rock.

Fair enough.
As I said, its definitely towards the bottom if I ranked all their albums, but there are a lot of very solid tracks....... EOT, Damien, He Carves His Stone, All That I Bleed, Sleep.......

Why was it disappointing? There were at least ten albums you liked, it couldn't have been that bad.
If I didn't like it I wouldn't have even mentioned it. When I say disappointing I mean that when it came out I expected better based on Savatage's earlier works. However, on its own it is still a very good album.

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, that's true... I expect much more from them. That last Gamma Ray album, come on.

Thank you!!!!
I think Pat is the only person I have met who thinks that album is the quality of a Gamma Ray release. With as long as it is taking to get the new one out, they better make up for it!!!

The question I meant to ask was why was the year 1993 disappointing?
Oh, sorry. I guess I still had Jason's comment on my mind when I read your question. Anyway, I guess I should have said it was a disappointing year for metal. Though I still listened to a lot of metal, my album purchases went from 90% metal to maybe 10% that year. Now that I think of it, you never said they had to be metal albums. Maybe I should have mentioned that year's albums by Dinosaur Jr., Dar Williams, Bad Religion, Dead Can Dance, etc.

1983:
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Slayer - Show No Mercy

1993:
Suffocation - Breeding the Spawn
Carcass - Heartwork
Cynic - Focus

Thank you!!!!
I think Pat is the only person I have met who thinks that album is the quality of a Gamma Ray release. With as long as it is taking to get the new one out, they better make up for it!!!

I concur. He tried to persuade me a few Sundays ago and there's like one good song on there. I'm hopeful for the new one though because lately it seems every other album is good.

at that same time my brother put on the Neer Do Well's Chicago show the same night. it was empty.

I think I remember him telling me about that.
Didn't he have them play two sets??

Yeah, the Riv was practically sold out.
this was right before Green Day signed to a major and everyone knew it was the last time to see them at a true "punk" show.

We drove back from Champaign for that. Very glad we did.

I think I remember him telling me about that.
Didn't he have them play two sets??

Yeah, the Riv was practically sold out.
this was right before Green Day signed to a major and everyone knew it was the last time to see them at a true "punk" show.

We drove back from Champaign for that. Very glad we did.

Yeah..it was funny...it was them and the Meshugana's and the Four Squares playing. Neer Do Wells showed up hours late because they forgot it was a afternoon early evening show. After they played the venue owner heard them and said the normal saturday night jazz crowd may like them and asked them to come back later that night. They did and made more money at that show than any show they ended up playing on that tour. No punk crowd...all people who were out to hear some good music.

Yeah..it was funny...it was them and the Meshugana's and the Four Squares playing. Neer Do Wells showed up hours late because they forgot it was a afternoon early evening show. After they played the venue owner heard them and said the normal saturday night jazz crowd may like them and asked them to come back later that night. They did and made more money at that show than any show they ended up playing on that tour. No punk crowd...all people who were out to hear some good music.

My old band the TuPacs had a feud with the 4 Squares..
Well, a feud in our own minds.....

There were two or three different times where they were booked on a show we were playing and canceled every time.

I think your brother Mike might beat you when it comes to how fast he talks when getting excited over speaking to band members.... Close race tho...