Top Black Metal Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooster85

Dec 26, 2007
Radom, Poland
well, this is my first post, so i want to welcome everybody here. I've always liked surveys, polls, and other voting for best albums, best tracks etc., and i wonder... maybe we could make one big black metal survey (if it be successful we might make other genres as well) and choose greatest black metal album ? the rules would be as written below:

1. Make your individual Top 15 "Top Black Metal Albums" list and PM THE ORDERED/RANKED LIST TO ME instead of posting them on this thread. Lists will be accepted for seven (7) days starting from when this thread is created.

2. The points assigned to each rank are as follows:

1st - 32
2nd - 29
3rd - 26
4th - 23
5th - 20
6th - 18
7th - 16
8th - 14
9th - 12
10th - 10
11th - 9
12th - 8
13th - 7
14th - 6
15th - 5

3. IMPORTANT: You are only allowed to include two albums MAXIMUM per artist on your individual lists. However, the final Top 50 list is not restricted to two albums per artist.

4. Once you have submitted your list, you may not alter it anymore, so think about it well before submitting.

Guidelines and Information:

1. I will not be providing updates, as not to influence voting. The final list will be posted after all the lists have been tallied. At the end of voting period, points per album will be tallied, and the Top Black Metal Albums list will be posted.

2. The reason why PM'ing the lists to me are preferred is because we all know how people like to jump on a bandwagon when they see a particular album have more votes or less votes than they intend, so PM'ing me the list will help eliminate that

3. The rationale for the point system used is so that there's an appropriate distance/number of points separating the higher-rated tracks and lower-rated tracks. Think of it making your #1 vote really feel like #1 and so on and so forth...

4. As much as possible, please keep the items in your list in this format: <Artist> - <Album>

5. The requirements for album eligibility are mostly left up to you; but as much possible, vote only if you feel that you are a fan of the black metal genre enough to be capable of submitting a credible list. EPs, splits, compilations, demos, whatever... they're ALL allowed.

6. Please don't divulge infomation about your list and don't "campaign" for members to vote for certain albums/artists as not to influence other people's votes.

These rules were invented by user of MA forum.

So , what do you think? If you think that this is a bad idea and is not necessary please close this topic :)

Might be a good idea, if people accept it instead of blowing it off.

Will be sending my PM shortly.

I've seen this done in a similar way on another forum.

yeah, i'm not the one who made rules, i'm not the one who had idea of such survey, first it was on MA forum, about 70 people participate there. i was curious what results would be here ,so i started such survey.

As for now, 2 users sent me lists, one list was bad (READ THE RULES, MAX 2 ALBUMS PER GROUP in the 15!)

yeah, i'm not the one who made rules, i'm not the one who had idea of such survey, first it was on MA forum, about 70 people participate there. i was curious what results would be here ,so i started such survey.

As for now, 2 users sent me lists, one list was bad (READ THE RULES, MAX 2 ALBUMS PER GROUP in the 15!)

Do you happen to know why about half the people on the internet can't access MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.