10. Jag Panzer- Ample Destruction
11. Bathory- Hammerheart
12. Dio- Lock up the Wolves
13. Heaven and Hell- The Devil You Know
14. Manilla Road- The Deluge
15. Candlemass- Nightfall
16. Merciful Fate- Don't Break the O
17. Ozzy Osbourne- Blizzard of Ozz

May need to modify this more, as Fates Warning finally seems to be clicking for me...

Fuck, that Will of Gods is a Great Power is an incredible album man. Never heard about it before. Love these voting threads.

Btw, almost everyone on this board was cumming over both Pallbearer albums and I didn't notice anyone list this album.

The first one is definitely good to where everyone should give it a spin, and I really enjoy it, but it's nothing over the doom greats. 2nd album is a let down imo

Fuck, that Will of Gods is a Great Power is an incredible album man. Never heard about it before. Love these voting threads.

Btw, almost everyone on this board was cumming over both Pallbearer albums and I didn't notice anyone list this album.

Pallbearer is trend metal. Cool the first album when people knew them before other people knew them, but once NPR exposure led to acknowledgement by people generally less interested in metal, they got slapped with the hipster label and have never recovered.

Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus
Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Omen - Battle Cry
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
Manilla Road - Mystification
Angel Witch - Angel Witch
Brocas Helm - Black Death
Helstar - Nosferatu
Metal Church - The Dark
Pagan Altar -Vol. 1
Witchfinder General - Death Penalty
Trouble - The Skull
Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep

You put Mystification up there over Crystal Logic? You drunk or just dumb tonight?

Also, Ozzman. Just so you know "Volume I" and "Judgement of the Dead" by Pagan Altar are the exact same album. Some people thing that using the name that the band wanted to use is better despite the more commonly accepted name.

Also, Ozzman. Just so you know "Volume I" and "Judgement of the Dead" by Pagan Altar are the exact same album. Some people thing that using the name that the band wanted to use is better despite the more commonly accepted name.

People better start coming to a consensus on this because going forward with these if the album title is different, I'm counting them as separate entities. I'm running across people adding or deleting words from titles (which I think is happening purposely in some cases but mainly because they're being lazy) or if there are multiple titles people will include either title or both titles like the Pagan Altar issue.

EX: If someone puts 'In the rectory' for Reverend Bizarre, that's going to count as a separate album than 'In The Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend' starting with the next GMD Votes thread (so after the Trad thread ends)

I can't be bothered to research this unless someone wants to help me compile data.

I explained the pagan altar thing on page two with my list btw. And I consider the title of the album to be a judgement of the dead, since every release in recent history has that name now.

i noticed a couple errors btw in case you missed them ozz:
crimsonfloyd put "don't break the o" instead of "don't break the oath", rumpole put 'cirirth ungol' instead of 'cirith ungol'. letting you know just in case it affects your count.

Well then if everyone else wants to go with Judgement of the Dead than I'm fine with that. I just figured, for the sake of consistency, it would be easier to use the more commonly accepted album name. For instance, using "Hell Bent for Leather" instead of "Killing Machine" or "Psalm 9" instead of "Trouble" but if Pagan Altar is going to be the exception, so be it.

KILLING MACHINE is the original title, the title the band use when referring to it, and in my experience the more common title! then again i'm british so

using 'trouble' would be retarded given they have another album called that though lol

Well then if everyone else wants to go with Judgement of the Dead than I'm fine with that. I just figured, for the sake of consistency, it would be easier to use the more commonly accepted album name. For instance, using "Hell Bent for Leather" instead of "Killing Machine" or "Psalm 9" instead of "Trouble" but if Pagan Altar is going to be the exception, so be it.

It's Volume 1 on my worksheet

EDIT: If Iron Maiden misses the Top 20 you all suck because at this point they are.

That's the result of the two album rule. It's basically the same thing that happened to Death. There's no consensus on what their best album is. There are seven albums I could see people voting for, depending on their taste.

i considered including one of the first two but didn't have space sry. not really bothered about bruce era though aside from a handful of songs, i probably prefer his best solo stuff actually

Status
Not open for further replies.