GMD Votes: All Other Genres Prelims

The thread should be all other metal genres. I thought that was pretty obvious. It's also my concept. If I say X band doesn't qualify, they don't. This isn't up for debate anymore.

General Death metal list I guess
1.Obscura - Cosmogenesis
2.Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
3.Revocation - Existence is futile
4.Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme
5.Incantation - Onward To Golgotha
6.Wretched - Exodus of Autonomy
7.Woe of Tyrants - Kingdom of Might
8.Putrid Pile - House of Dementia
9.Pyrexia - Sermon of Mockery
10 Rwake - Voice of Omens
11.Suffocation - Pierced From Within
12 Infernal Revulsion - Devastate Under Hallucinogens
13.Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore
14. Putrefy - One Nation Under Gore
15. Atrocious Abnormality - Echoes Of The Rotting
16.Despise - Fragments of Reprisal
17. Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife
18. Living Sacrifice - Ghost Thief
19. Chimaira - the Infected
20.Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

Their music is refered to (among other labels you might find) as Progressive Metal, Avant-garde Metal, Experimental Metal, so I don't see why they or at least their debut album (this is a topic about albums, not bands) don't fit in a topic titled "all other genres".

I'm a fan of the band - don't get me wrong. It's just that they aren't on Metal-archives; also, their Wikipedia opens with
Stolen Babies are an American experimental rock band consisting of vocalist/accordionist Dominique Lenore Persi, bassist/guitarist Rani Sharone, and drummer Gil Sharone.

I personally think they should fit here, but so should AiC, who actually are on Metal-archives.

1.Obscura - Cosmogenesis

This is not the fucking death metal poll, numbnuts.

1.Obscura - Cosmogenesis
You are several threads too late. If you took the time to read the original post, you wouldn't have posted this.

Several people here need to augment their lists because, while the albums may be metal, they don't fit any of the genres in the first thread. Only those genres are allowed.

I'm looking at you HamburgerBoy

Also, if Voivod's later albums aren't thrash, what are they? Groove metal?

and since when is Cowboys from Hell not considered a thrash metal album?

All others: I need more votes.

Also, if Voivod's later albums aren't thrash, what are they? Groove metal?

Yeah they're kind of hard to classify. Heavy/Progressive Metal could work? There are thrash elements too.

and since when is Cowboys from Hell not considered a thrash metal album?

All others: I need more votes.

I thought it was the album people referred to when giving the genre of Groove metal legitimacy. Because it's the only groove album that sounds worth a shit outside of Lazarus A.D. and Exhorder having their moments. I think you could call it Groove/Thrash (like a lot of groove metal) but it's definitely not 100% thrash. The drums and guitar riffs are different.

Several people here need to augment their lists because, while the albums may be metal, they don't fit any of the genres in the first thread.
If you mean that the albums in concern belong into one of the other four topics we had before (Death/Black/Thrash/Traditional Metal + Doom) instead, I do get your point, but otherwise it seems you contradict yourself, because you also said:

The thread should be all other metal genres.

I mean, if an album is metal, but doesn't fit any of the four topics before, there can be no doubt that it belongs into this topic. Otherwise the topic title should be changed from "All other genres" to "Some other genres". Or do you mean that metal albums which are too original aren't allowed because they don't fit any known genre "properly". In this case I suggest to invent a new genre called Too-original-to-fit-any-known-genre Metal.

Yeah they're kind of hard to classify. Heavy/Progressive Metal could work? There are thrash elements too.
I'd go (mostly) for Progressive Metal. While single songs like e.g. "Meteor" on "Negatron" or "Kluskap O'Kom" and "Corps Etranger" on "Target Earth" qualify as Thrash Metal, the entire albums don't.

If you mean that the albums in concern belong into one of the other four topics we had before (Death/Black/Thrash/Traditional Metal + Doom) instead, I do get your point, but otherwise it seems you contradict yourself, because you also said:

I mean, if an album is metal, but doesn't fit any of the four topics before, there can be no doubt that it belongs into this topic. Otherwise the topic title should be changed from "All other genres" to "Some other genres". Or do you mean that metal albums which are too original aren't allowed because they don't fit any known genre "properly". In this case I suggest to invent a new genre called Too-original-to-fit-any-known-genre Metal.

I'd go (mostly) for Progressive Metal. While single songs like e.g. "Meteor" on "Negatron" or "Kluskap O'Kom" and "Corps Etranger" on "Target Earth" qualify as Thrash Metal, the entire albums don't.
All other genres listed in the ORIGINAL FUCKING POST. This was discussed in another separate thread as well. Follow the rules or get out

25. Breach – It’s Me God
24. Lacuna Coil – Unleashed Memories
23. 夢中夢 - イリヤ -Il y a-
22. HORSE the Band – Desperate Living
21. Kayo Dot – Choirs of the Eye
20. Murmuure - Murmuure
19. KEN mode - Mennonite
18. Gaza - He Is Never Coming Back
17. Boris – Flood
16. Nadja – Radiance of Shadows
15. Jesu – Jesu
14. Atrocity – Werk 80
13. Jucifer – Calling All Cars on the Vegas Strip
12. Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas – PHASE 2
11. Ram-Zet – Escape
10. Theatre of Tragedy – Velvet Darkness They Fear
9. Devil Doll – The Girl Who Was... Death
8. Marilyn Manson – Antichrist Superstar
7. Wold – Screech Owl
6. Dir en Grey – Uroboros
5. Vomitron - No NES for the Wicked
4. Lamentation - As Shadow Kingdom Comes to My Sight
3. Gnaw Their Tongues – Reeking Pained and Shuddering
2. Keldian – Heaven’s Gate
1. Brian Eno – Ambient 1: Music for Airports

All of those artists are labeled under one or more of the various sub-genres listed in the op.