GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2009

what hissy fit? oh shit, i cant complain?

They're not just "two albums that i like". One is marginally better. A modern metal masterpiece, while the other is just good. I will no longer be voting the way i usually do, that's for sure.

are you serious? where you not paying attention to the last few pages where my esteemed colleague lost his shit(rightfully so)? And its not some kind of secret anyway, a lot of people have been voting "strategically" from the get go.

You're the only one I've seen admittedly leaving off albums from your list because "they'll get enough votes anyway". So I don't see your argument.

From what I can see, everyone votes for albums they like. Look at HBB and his lists in more modern threads, most of it is made up of stuff that no one else votes for. He doesn't care that they won't make the final 10.

You're the only one I've seen admittedly leaving off albums from your list because "they'll get enough votes anyway". So I don't see your argument.

From what I can see, everyone votes for albums they like. Look at HBB and his lists in more modern threads, most of it is made up of stuff that no one else votes for. He doesn't care that they won't make the final 10.

... you must have some fucked up memory if you think im the only one who did that. I did that just once and if im mistaken it was an album i liked too and wasn't necessarily competing with most of the stuff on my list. Wanted to give points to other albums that i thought were worthy of being in the top 10

And you think i give a shit how hbb votes? Anyway, im probably one of the few people here who actually votes for the albums he really thinks are 1-10. Which will not be the case anymore, thats for sure.

Come on, you should know this by now. The only person that TechBarb's rules don't apply to is, unsurprisingly, himself.

there is some serious paranoid delusions going on in this thread

if anyone is voting 'strategically' in this they're taking things a bit too seriously (as you will be TB when you start doing that)

this isn't the mixtape game where i can understand this its a list of your favorites

mine was full of shit that had no chance at the top 10

And you think i give a shit how hbb votes? Anyway, im probably one of the few people here who actually votes for the albums he really thinks are 1-10. Which will not be the case anymore, thats for sure.

You realize I actually voted for your pet album this time, right?

=10) Cosmogenesis by Obscura
And the dance goes on even though worlds collide...

I guess I need to go ahead and hear this record.

Great list though, even though barely any of my own list was represented here. Revelation made it in so I am satisfied.

Just want to take a moment to thank @no country for old wainds for all his efforts, because I would just post boring lists if this was my game, but he consistently makes the results exciting with all the formatting and quotes etc.

Fucking awesome, the single best thing keeping this forum truly alive right now.

I guess I need to go ahead and hear this record.
... im going to go out on a limb here and say you're probably not going to like it. It is modern technical death metal at its finest, very well written and composed. And it is far from being a wankfest, which is probably the first thing you think of when you hear the words tech-death.

You realize I actually voted for your pet album this time, right?

you do realize that i said dont give a shit, right?

Last edited:
What "will not be the case anymore"? Your post implied to me that you wouldn't be voting for what I vote for in the future.

You said you were one of the few people that votes for the albums I vote for. Following that sentence, you said that you will not be doing that anymore. It made it sound like you were giving my votes sympathy support or something.