GMD Votes series question

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Would anyone be interested if I decided to redo the Trad/Doom thread into separate threads? Seems some people would have preferred that system.

IE: Instead of Top Trad&Doom albums in one thread we have a top Trad thread and top Doom thread

Just let me know your thoughts please.

No, the thread title is misleading anyways. It means no posers, so the cool people who left and come back randomly, like Rumpole, can drop 1 band and leave again

I'd be interested in seeing the top Doom thread. Although, you could break it further into subgenres of Doom also. How do you compare 2 bands like Trouble and Electric Wizard?

I'd suggest separating the Doom threads between Trad/Epic/Proto and Extreme (Funeral, Death, Blackened, Drone etc.). Sludge/Stoner should be it's own thing too imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Baroque
I think Traditional Doom as one genre (because it's da best) and then Extreme for the other would be fine, but I was pretty happy with how that top 10 turned out.

I'd suggest separating the Doom threads between Trad/Epic/Proto and Extreme (Funeral, Death, Blackened, Drone etc.). Sludge/Stoner should be it's own thing too imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Too much work. Doom would be lumped into one for all except death/doom.

I think Traditional Doom as one genre (because it's da best) and then Extreme for the other would be fine, but I was pretty happy with how that top 10 turned out.

Extreme Doom?

You know, extreme metal that falls into the category of doom. There's a lot of it, but it can't really be compared to traditional doom metal.

You know, extreme metal that falls into the category of doom. There's a lot of it, but it can't really be compared to traditional doom metal.

That's what I thought he meant. I don't like doom metal enough to do two separate threads for it, but if that's what people want then I'll do it.

I think people lost interest in this anyway. Maybe if I come back around to it in a year it'll be fresh again