Top Ten Bands No One Seems To Know About.....

you want popular stuff...then go back to listening to Fall Out Girl and The All American Retards you fuck.

Just because over 99% of your city has heard of a band doesn't mean they suck. I know of a handfull of pretty obscure bands that I've never heard anyone talk about on here, but most of them aren't that great. The best ones I can think of would be

Altera Enigma
Tenebrae In Perpetuum
Unmercyful
Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Never heard mention of any of these on a message board. "Eternal Tears of Sorrow" have a following I can imagine, but I never hear shit about them anywhere.

HOLD THE PHONE

Alright. First off, the CoB fanboys can go kill themselves.

Secondly, here's why you DON'T make these kinds of lists around the people who frequent this site (Specifically me, nec, v5, ohiogrinder, zeph, etc.) Why? Because we know alot of bands, and since "unknown" is a term based on a biased perspective, then it's a stupid idea to specifically come here and make a fool out of yourself trying to out-kvlt the board regulars.

Good day to you, madam.

"unknown" is a term based on a biased perspective

It's really a weird way to look at it, but I think once you know about a band & their works they're no longer obscure to you. It's like that for most people.

I really don't know if your post was directed at me, but I was clearly not trying to out-kvlt anyone. I named 4 bands. I'm not kvlt & I don't want to be kvlt, just read my posts.

I don't understand the point of these sorts of topics. I mean, if you really thought a band was worth talking about wouldn't you already be talking about them? What's the point of asking the question posed by this thread? I could maybe understand it if this were a board populated by people who've only heard of Morbid Angel, Nile, In Flames, Emperor, etc. but this board is not like that. A lot of the albums/bands talked about by the regulars on this board already have cult-status relative to the metal scene in general. I'm willing to bet that if you went up to your average metalhead at any show and said something like "So what do you think of Fullmoon or Obtest or Slavland or Nocternity?" they wouldn't know what the fuck you were talking about.

There aren't many bands I don't know about anymore since I post here. This thread is irrelevant

There is a ton you dont know. Out of all people who frequent the website, you need to learn about more bands. This all being said in a respective way. You taste is too small or large enough nor is it bad.

There is a ton you dont know. Out of all people who frequent the website, you need to learn about more bands. This all being said in a respective way. You taste is too small or large enough nor is it bad.

I know. There's so much shit that I still need to hear, but what I was saying is that people are listing bands that I've already seen mentioned on the boards. I haven't heard even 10% of them, but I don't have the immediate resources to research all these bands. I would be in debt if I did, heh.

This is a work in progress as far as I'm concerned.

"So what do you think of Fullmoon or Obtest or Slavland or Nocternity?"

I've never heard any of those bands's stuff.

This isn't a bad premise for a thread. It's the reason this Forum is here = to make threads. There needs to be a realistic medium though. In other words it's stupid to say that a band is truly NOT obscure if you've heard of them. If one poster names an obscure band then another guy says "I've heard of them so they're not obscure" his comment doesn't really hold too much water. There are plenty of obscure bands that a few members are going to know about & it doesn't make them less obscure.

To be honest, 99% of people I talk who have never heard of Slayer.

But there you go. I have no idea if my list is well known or not, but I don't see them mentioned much:

Aeon
Amputated
Blotted Science
Cliteater
Crepitation

Uh...can't think of any more. And all those are probably well known anyway. So sod it, I give up.

It depends what you mean by "no one seems to know". If wer talking about a mainstream audience, nearly every band we talk about here belongs on that list. If we're talking about a mainstream American metal crowd, bands like Enslaved or Carcass can be included.

Your forum signature is "arguably" not annoying.

Anyway, hardly anyone I know IRL have heard of Sleep.