Top Ten Bands No One Seems To Know About.....

Wind of the Black Mountains and their predecessor Masochist is a band I tend to push unto people whenever possible. In my opinion best USBM (short of early Demoncy and Havohej).

Also The Black a side project of late Jon Nodtveidt.

Wind of the Black Mountains and their predecessor Masochist is a band I tend to push unto people whenever possible. In my opinion best USBM (short of early Demoncy and Havohej).

Yeah WOTBM are absolutely awesome, i've got Sing Thou Unholy Servants and have yet to hear the follow up album. How is it? Does it keep with the experimentation? Has it got rid of those dreadful female vocals?

1. Dripping
2. Dripping
3. Dripping
4. Dripping
5. Dripping
6. Dripping
7. Dripping
8. Drippind
9. Dripping
10. Dripping

Define top 10. Do you mean "ten of your favourite bands that very few people seem to have heard of"? "The ten most obscure bands you have ever come across"? I'm going to assume the former.

Lemur Voice
Flatstick
Ice Age
Sylvan
Theory In Practice
Spiral Realms
Celtus
Biomechanical (bad example on a site where there forum is :lol:)
A.C.T.

Those are the main ones off the top of my head. The 10th one would be Deep Purple. Yes everyone seems to know them but Steve Morse era Deep Purple is a whole new kettle of fish. "Smoke on the Water" isn't a sparrow fart on the kind of music they've been producing for the last 15 odd years.

i can only think of two. impious and enter my silence. ensiferum is pretty well known. but in my opnion they dont get enough support

1.Akercocke (going 2 see them on Sunday!!!)
2. Cephalic Carnage
3. Carnal Forge
4. Gallhammer
5. Trivium
6. Meads Of Asphodel
7. Anathaema
8. Orange Goblin
9. To-Mera
10. Belphegor

For all the ones you listed only Belphegor seems truely obsecure, and with Tony drumming for them now I wonder if it'll last. They're a pretty good listen however.

Ah well list time, mentioned the top one before but they deserve another mention

1. Cryptal Darkness
2. Armoured Angel
3. The Furor
4. Dark Order
5. Black Majesty
6. Virgin Black
7. Lycanthia
8. Mournful Congregation
9. Vanishing Point
10. Fuck... I'm Dead

I really don't know any super-obscure bands, but here's a few I love that never seem to get mentioned on UMF:

Clutch
Benediction
Blue Cheer
Budgie

So yeah, none of them are really unheard-of. And the last two are arguably more hard rock than metal. But I bet plenty of you don't know who any of them are. :p

edit: Just for the record, I've only listened to about 2% of the bands on the obscure lists posted so far, so I'd say most of them are pretty damn obscure to someone with a moderate level of metal knowledge.

I really don't know any super-obscure bands, but here's a few I love that never seem to get mentioned on UMF:

Clutch
Benediction
Blue Cheer
Budgie

So yeah, none of them are really unheard-of. And the last two are arguably more hard rock than metal. But I bet plenty of you don't know who any of them are. :p

edit: Just for the record, I've only listened to about 2% of the bands on the obscure lists posted so far, so I'd say most of them are pretty damn obscure to someone with a moderate level of metal knowledge.

I am actually a Clutch fan... strange now you mention it though I have not seen them around here either... I have not heard of the other three but I have not heard of a ton of bands compared to most people, I tend to find something I like and know the time/place and date of birth of all the band members family members.