Top ten riffs

I'm guessing the rock station here had about two dozen AC/DC songs in rotation, stuff like:

Highway to Hell
Hell's Bells
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Back in Black
Whole Lotta Rosie
TNT
Thunderstruck
You Shook Me All Night Long
It's a Long Way to The Top
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Problem Child
Girls Got Rhythm
Touch Too Much
If You Want Blood
Shoot To Thrill
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Have A Drink On Me

I'm guessing most classic rock stations play all of these, but so many sound so alike that no one notices. They probably have more songs in rotation than any classic rock band outside of Led Zeppelin.

^You're right, its a classic rock station named The Loop and they have been playing the same songs daily for the last 20 years. How many times can you hear the same Boston, Foreigner, Styx, REO, Ac/Dc songs every day.
That station blows.

Actually they're still pretty fucking good today.

I don't really see the point of singling out a single AC/DC riff for some sort of top-whatever list, since most of them are pretty similar. I'm pretty partial to "Badlands", "Fire Your Guns" and "Kicked in the Teeth" myself, though.

i made a top ten riff list video, not the typical iron man, back in black, sweet child o mine, master of puppets sort of list; I'm sure were sick of those.

The opening to "Sweet Child o' Mine" probably is GNR's coolest riff.

I didn't really mean to say that the band is still good today (are they even playing anymore?), just that the music they made during their peak still kicks ass by today's standards.

Speaking of Aussie bands, I saw Psycroptic live the other day. Good stuff.

Christ, they get about. Where did you see them? I only saw them in Melbourne a week or so ago. And yeah, they are great live, super tight.

Also, Beatin' Around The Bush pwns all of you AC/DC naysayers. Seriously, go listen to it and then tell me it doesn't rule.

Also, Beatin' Around The Bush pwns all of you AC/DC naysayers. Seriously, go listen to it and then tell me it doesn't rule.

I was actually going to add that one to the list in my other post, but I thought three was enough, and that in all likelihood no one was going to be reading the list anyway.

^You're right, its a classic rock station named The Loop and they have been playing the same songs daily for the last 20 years. How many times can you hear the same Boston, Foreigner, Styx, REO, Ac/Dc songs every day.
That station blows.
I can't rag on The Loop too hard, since that station pretty much got me interested in music period, 8 or 9 years ago. It really could have been a lot worse. They played deep cuts to a decent degree. Like I said, they played many AC/DC songs. Unfortunately, they only played Black Sabbath off of Paranoid, and Judas Priest's hits, like Breaking the Law or Living After Midnight or You've Got Another Thing Coming. The occasional pre-Black Album Metallica song was played, but rarely. Could have been better. The grunge hits of the early '90s were there too.

To get back on topic for some reason, Blackened was the only really great one there. Paradise City is dreadfully bad.

it's hard with no cd player in car.

Buy a cassette adapter for your mp3 player. That's what I use in my mother's '98 Audi.

Christ, they get about. Where did you see them? I only saw them in Melbourne a week or so ago. And yeah, they are great live, super tight.

They were on the North American Summer Slaughter Tour. I saw them in Worcester, Massachusetts.

I'm gonna miss that tour, it looks like... My dad will be in town that weekend. I was really looking forward to seeing Despised Icon, Vader, and The Faceless, as well as the other bands not named Born of Osiris.