Oxford compiles list of top ten irritating phrases

"The Queen's English" is really really annoying

the redneck-hick accent of every guy from Texas that gets onto national TV (the rest of us Texans don't really talk like that)

the ghettoville gangster thug ebonics language

I fucking hate that "proper" English crap. To me, it shows how arrogant people are and how they believe themselves to be superior to everyone else.

I hate that stupid Southern hick/redneck accent, also. Regardless of how smart someone is, having a Southern accent like that immediately drops their IQ by a lot.

Thirdly, I despise that whole "ghetto gangsta" shit. It's just people trying to look all tough when they're really idiots.

Lastly, I hate that fucking "ghetto" Mexican shit when they call each "ese" and other shit like that.

Fuck!! :mad:

Thirdly, I despise that whole "ghetto gangsta" shit. It's just people trying to look all tough when they're really idiots.

Language is fascinating because there's always a pattern.

Let me try to pin down 70-80% of typical "Ghetto English": All auxiliary verbs except "be" are removed, and all present tense verbs are turned into participles.

"That guy makes money, and I am jealous" turns into "That nigga making money, and I be jealous".

Language is fascinating because there's always a pattern.

Let me try to pin down 70-80% of typical "Ghetto English": All auxiliary verbs except "be" are removed, and all present tense verbs are turned into participles.

"That guy makes money, and I am jealous" turns into "That nigga making money, and I be jealous".

All that, plus it's said like an octave lower than everyone else.

Adverbs allow you to speak more precisely, so it's idiotic to be opposed to them.

i don't have a problem with adverbs when people are speaking, what i have a problem with is the writers who write with adverbs being used way more frequently than the way people talk, like if i'm reading an essay/anthology story/novel and i get to a page that has multiple adverbs in every single fucking sentence, that's kinda annoying

I fucking hate that "proper" English crap. To me, it shows how arrogant people are and how they believe themselves to be superior to everyone else.

I hate that stupid Southern hick/redneck accent, also. Regardless of how smart someone is, having a Southern accent like that immediately drops their IQ by a lot.

Lastly, I hate that fucking "ghetto" Mexican shit when they call each "ese" and other shit like that.

Fuck!! :mad:

wow
someone that agrees with me on something i posted online
awesome

a southern accent if not too thick sounds friendly to me tbh.

people born in africa with the thick-as-hell "african accent"

people who somehow put an "R" sound in "wash"

people who put an "L" sound in "refridgerator"

people who say "drank" instead of "drink"

people who say "you know what i'm sayin?" (most of the time, when i hear that question, the answer is "no, i do not know what you're saying")

people who say "baby daddy" "baby momma" and "baby momma drama"

Carpe Diem

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

Buzz words and phrases have never bothered me, sure people over use the shit out of them, but look at yourself, I bet you have some fall back words that would annoy people.

Who fucken cares, just relax, unless if they use the word "like" every other word, then that is unacceptable =)

people born in africa with the thick-as-hell "african accent"

people who somehow put an "R" sound in "wash"

people who put an "L" sound in "refridgerator"

people who say "drank" instead of "drink"

people who say "you know what i'm sayin?" (most of the time, when i hear that question, the answer is "no, i do not know what you're saying")

people who say "baby daddy" "baby momma" and "baby momma drama"

You mean 99.9% of all blacks/new yorkers?

also annoying

the married women that use the phrase "out of respect for my husband" as an excuse for not doing something as opposed to just saying "i don't want to"

people who use the phrase "hot cereal" instead of saying oatmeal/porridge/grits

and then those people saying the phrase "cold cereal" instead of just "cereal"