6. Lethal Weapon (Richard Donner)
M2EdDj.gif

7. Full Metal Jacket (Stanley Kubrick)
mov FMJ gif.gif

8. The Hidden (Jack Sholder)
5fe2161d3d2b1263458999.gif

9. Extreme Prejudice (Walter Hill)
5fe217889dc2a817548122.gif

10. Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (Hiroyuki Yamaga)
iBLmydV.gif

Predator
Opera
Full Metal Jacket
Planes, Trains and automobiles
Robocop
Evil Dead II
Prince of Darkness
Hellraiser (gotta rewatch, been awhile)
Lethal Weapon
The Gate

What an adolescently foundational year for me. Think opera was the only one I didn't grow up on

Reactions: CiG
1. Bad Taste
2. White of the Eye
3. Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds
4. The Brave Little Toaster
5. House of Games
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
7. The Running Man
8. RoboCop
9. Full Metal Jacket
10. Predator

HM:
Creepshow 2

1. Robocop
2. Predator
3. Evil Dead 2
4. Full Metal Jacket
5. Barfly
6. Lethal Weapon
7. Wings of Desire
8. Au revoir les enfants
9. The Untouchables
10. The Running Man

HMs: Bad Taste and Hellraiser

giphy.webp

12 lists works for me, wrapping this up tomorrow. Wimps that couldn't get a list together for a classic year like this either suicide out of shame or get one in asap.

1. Evil Dead II
2. Hellraiser
3. Predator
4. The Lost Boys
5. Bad Taste
6. Nightmare on Elm Street 3
7. Howling 3
8. Opera
9. Slaughterhouse
10. Street Trash

epic year. I could keep going.

This would seem to be 1989.
Err, fuck not this again? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098373/releaseinfo

In these poll threads we already discovered and flogged to death the need to stick strictly to IMDb years (well, no harm in a bit of personal choice I guess but trying to satisfy ourselves that our own lists are consistent). RYM's data gets a bit more lax sometimes but even they have this one as 1987 (correct per their standards). It's simply a losing battle to even attempt to search for all the films I've seen that got their 'wider' release in 1987. I mean, yeah I could search all the pages and pages of films under 1985 & 1986 in IMDb and peruse the release dates of every single one I've seen to see if they actually hit theatres in 1987. But then I'm still missing the weirdly delayed ones that premiered at festivals in 1984 or earlier. It makes a hell of a lot more sense just to look through one year per year, especially when I'm already doubling up by checking both websites.

I made an exception for the 2019 poll since everyone saw the need for some kind of rule of thumb for recent years, and I rarely even see films in the year they get their wider release.

Whether you go by festival dates or dates they became available to the public is entirely up to the discretion of the poster, also we've done 1989 and nobody listed that film then.

Err, fuck not this again? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098373/releaseinfo

In these poll threads we already discovered and flogged to death the need to stick strictly to IMDb years (well, no harm in a bit of personal choice I guess but trying to satisfy ourselves that our own lists are consistent). RYM's data gets a bit more lax sometimes but even they have this one as 1987 (correct per their standards). It's simply a losing battle to even attempt to search for all the films I've seen that got their 'wider' release in 1987. I mean, yeah I could search all the pages and pages of films under 1985 & 1986 in IMDb and peruse the release dates of every single one I've seen to see if they actually hit theatres in 1987. But then I'm still missing the weirdly delayed ones that premiered at festivals in 1984 or earlier. It makes a hell of a lot more sense just to look through one year per year, especially when I'm already doubling up by checking both websites.

I made an exception for the 2019 poll since everyone saw the need for some kind of rule of thumb for recent years, and I rarely even see films in the year they get their wider release.

No argument from me, I was trying to go by IMDB too. I was just confused because the main page for IMDB listed the premiere date as 29 June 1989. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098373/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt

Never mind!