Torn = Not good

I feel people get caught up in loyalty to a particular band and tend see all their releases as great. I like to look at the individual albums. I can still be a fan of a band without having to worship every release. I'm an Evergrey fan, but I only really love two albums. I feel the same about many other groups...Blind Guardian, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc...I may only like a release or two...I'm still a fan.

I Agree 100%

Megadeth is one of my all time favorite bands but it's only because of Rust in Peace, Countdown and Peace Sells. Everything else ot me is awful.

Evergrey, I like Search, Recreation, Circle and MMA that's it. The first 2 albums I'm sorry but do nothing for me and I can't fully get into Torn..Some of the songs kick alot of ass but as an album it doesn't grab me. But I still love this band so much.

I'm loyal to Evergrey, would support them in a second if they came through New York ever again. And own 4 albums. I don't buy albums that I dislike.. So I won't be buying Torn. Sorry guys : /

Well All this commenting about Torn really got me to listen again...I Love When Kingdoms Fall and In Confidence...ALOT. I think this album has alot of layers and it'll take awhile to set in.

Well, I'll have to say that the production is not as well as MMA in my opinion and the guitars surpass too much the keys volume, but still yet, the album rocks for me...

The best thing they could do was hiring an outside producer (besides that guy from King Diamond) and verifys the POWER and SUBSTANCE their music had it, and if u don't get what I'm talking about, I'm talking about MMA! :worship:

Fucking awesome! :headbang:
The PERFECT balance between heavy guitars, fantastic keys, powerfull drums and an EXTRAORDINARY vocal work.

But I guess I'm not the right guy to say something about MMA (check below)

That's it! hehe

Not quite getting you here. Are you saying that the cds Andy Laroque produced/co produced with Evergrey sounds bad? Because that was every album up to in search of truth, which he engineered.

I like alot of the songs lol...The thing is I got into it when it came out and then I never had an urge to hear it again. I'll list my favorite songs...

Fear
When Kingdoms Fall
In Confidence
Fail
These Scars

Caught in a lie, was this on every copy? Cuz I have this bonus track and the ending is beautiful.

Not quite getting you here. Are you saying that the cds Andy Laroque produced/co produced with Evergrey sounds bad? Because that was every album up to in search of truth, which he engineered.

Indeed, but what I was saying is that MMA has a contemporary sound without loosing grey's characteristics and integrity.

Sanken Sandquist and Stefan Glaumann gave Evergrey a higher level in the way they should sound...

What the hell is wrong with you people...

If you really are Evergrey fans...
then you all should love all Evergrey albums...

You should be glad that a professional and talented
band like evergrey is still writing music...

professional and talented band can't make bad music...

What the hell is wrong with you people...

If you really are Evergrey fans...
then you all should love all Evergrey albums...

I am an EVERGREY fanatic and I love every album, but I still can´t follow you here. Just because you are a fan of a band you don´t need to love all their work. You can still be a fan, without a doubt!

Let´s take it to the extreme: What if Evergrey or any other great metal band made a hip hop album sounding exactly like on of the big bling bling hip hop stars. You have to love it because THEY did it. Would you really do that?

You should be glad that a professional and talented band like evergrey is still writing music...

Glad also totally overwhelmed by the new (and old) records!

(I was hoping to stand outside this thred just because all "I love this or that album and my opinion is the only one that counts" feeling in this thread. But this time I just had to answer :saint:)

Let´s take it to the extreme: What if Evergrey or any other great metal band made a hip hop album sounding exactly like on of the big bling bling hip hop stars. You have to love it because THEY did it. Would you really do that?

Ofcourse I will, what wrong with that?
If they would do such a thing they would have a good reason (which can be personal or anything...) and you should respect it.

Ofcourse I will, what wrong with that?
If they would do such a thing they would have a good reason (which can be personal or anything...) and you should respect it.

Ofcourse they do it for a good reason and yes I should respect (most of) it, but still...you don´t have to love it. Thats two different things in my opinion!

Enough about that, as somebody wrote before, opinions are like assholes. Everyone got one. :loco:

Everyone is capable of making bad music, but one man's trash is another man's treasure. I can't imagine unconditionally loving everything a band does...that's just ultimate fanboism. I also don't find the need to respect a band for making bad music or bad choices...that's equally as silly.

having listened to Evergrey's entire discography... I can say that MMA was a real step down and Torn managed to get my hopes up again for this band. Great album.