Torn = Not good

It's definitely one of their worst, but I still enjoy it to no end. A bad Evergrey album is still a phenomenal album when compared with another band's record. :p

that's kinda my point...I still think it's an enjoyable album...again...it's no masterpiece, but it does rock...more focus on riffage...less on content and melody...not always a bad thing...just not what true fans expect. It's a great listen while driving...maybe not while wearing headphones and focusing on every little fucking note and word. It's a good album...they can't all be outstanding...I've been into metal since the late 70's and can't think of one band that wins every time.

I think Henrik's guitar solos are great...maybe his best. The Inner Circle guitar work is my favorite because he harkens back to some blues roots in the ballads which really jazz me.:headbang:

Bottom line...it's a good album...not a great album...not their best...but who cares...it don't suck!!!

I think Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy sucks the big wang...all that stupid voice over crap is ridiculous. I'm still a fan, and I like what I like. To each his own...who the fuck cares...enjoy what you enjoy and stop analyzing it...it's completely subjective.

Good album, great band...nuff said.

Man, I remember when MMA came out, people were bitching all around that the album was not Evergrey at all. I don't share that sentiment, but it's funny how time changes things. Unless it's a completely new group around these parts, but I doubt it. I had heard that the band was not satisfied with MMA, but that might not be true.

I think Torn is awesome, but I like MMA also. However -- MMA is probably my least favorite Evergrey record, with In Search for Truth being my absolute favorite. My opinion is that Torn is more of an "Evergrey album" than MMA.

i don't think it's over-hyped, just that a lot of people do praise it (even in this thread). In my opinion it is one of Evergrey's worst albums.

Hey Janga!
I know we must respect everybody's opinion, but hey man, "one of the worst albums" !?!?!?!?!

WTF!

I don't believe you're trying to call the attention upon your opinions, coz I've seen you're a cool guy, but man, Torn is a fucking killer album and as I told you before, you should give it another chanceS!

It's a complex album, like "A Matter of Life and Death" from Maiden and as the same way, try to catch the richness that certainly Torn has!

If you keep doing this (insisting with this thread), people won't forgive you...
...Like they seem to be doing in the previous posts...

That's it!
Just trying to keep things cool here... :headbang:

Hey Janga!
I know we must respect everybody's opinion, but hey man, "one of the worst albums" !?!?!?!?!

WTF!

I don't believe you're trying to call the attention upon your opinions, coz I've seen you're a cool guy, but man, Torn is a fucking killer album and as I told you before, you should give it another chanceS!

It's a complex album, like "A Matter of Life and Death" from Maiden and as the same way, try to catch the richness that certainly Torn has!

If you keep doing this (insisting with this thread), people won't forgive you...
...Like they seem to be doing in the previous posts...

That's it!
Just trying to keep things cool here... :headbang:

I just think it's funny how people get so offended that i don't like this album. I'm not saying anything other than that I don't like it. If you disagree with me... fine, I'm not saying that YOU shouldn't like it. Listen to the fucking thing 24 hours a day and live in all the glory that is "Torn" until you die in your own heaping pile of dung if that's what makes you happy. Me? I'd rather not.

P.S. Yes I do think it is one of their worst.

I just think it's funny how people get so offended that i don't like this album. I'm not saying anything other than that I don't like it. If you disagree with me... fine, I'm not saying that YOU shouldn't like it. Listen to the fucking thing 24 hours a day and live in all the glory that is "Torn" until you die in your own heaping pile of dung if that's what makes you happy. Me? I'd rather not.

P.S. Yes I do think it is one of their worst.

Ohhh boy, as I said... I was trying to get things cool...
Fine man, I guess the overall opinion bout you is correct...

You're not a cool guy indeed!

Just forget it.

Ok...I've listened to Torn many times now...and my final opinion is that it's good, not great...it's actually rather bland...no stand out moments, no thoughtful melodies, no ballad, similar tempos throughout...some nice guitar work, some ok riffs...overall...it's a decent chugga, chugga metal album. Frankly, I'm disappointed...I think it's a step down in artistry. I've never heard MMA, so I can't compare to that album...I heard too many negative things when it was initially released, so I stayed away.

Ok...I've listened to Torn many times now...and my final opinion is that it's good, not great...it's actually rather bland...no stand out moments, no thoughtful melodies, no ballad, similar tempos throughout...some nice guitar work, some ok riffs...overall...it's a decent chugga, chugga metal album. Frankly, I'm disappointed...I think it's a step down in artistry. I've never heard MMA, so I can't compare to that album...I heard too many negative things when it was initially released, so I stayed away.

Ohh, did you like the things before MMA? If you did, I could not take your opinion seriously, regardless of what it's about, since you'd avoid listening to albums only because what other folks have said. I'm not saying that's the case, and I assume you didnt like TIC or RD either...

Ohh, did you like the things before MMA? If you did, I could not take your opinion seriously, regardless of what it's about, since you'd avoid listening to albums only because what other folks have said. I'm not saying that's the case, and I assume you didnt like TIC or RD either...

Nah...I just don't waste my money when so many Evergrey fans don't like a release. I love TIC...one of my all time favorite albums...as well as ISOT...like RD too. From the clips I heard and the opinions of many fans, I chose not to buy MMA. I think that's fair. Should I buy the album and then just put it aside?

So, you don't read reviews when purchasing anything? That's odd.

It's a bland album...after probably 20 listens, I can't recall one melody and never find myself thinking of any of the songs.

Torn and everything created by Evergrey is far from generic. I haven't heard any band come close to their sound. You must be mixed up with one of the other bands you listen to.

I can't imagine that anyone who is a fan of their earlier catalog can possibly be satisfied with this release. I think we have some folks here suffering from a sever case of fanboyism. Again, it's not bad...it's just nothing special. If this was a debut release of a band, I'd say this is quite good, but for a talented, seasoned band of Evergrey's caliber, Torn is luke warm and mediocre.