Toronto 24/02 Roll-Call!

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I *finally* got my ticket today. I've been so worried for weeks that they would sell out, but due to Valentine's Day I had absolutely no money. It was such a relief to see that ticket and know that I'm gonna be going now (crossing my fingers).
Who else is gonna be there? The Opera House is a good place, been there a few times, though for shit bands (Hoobastank..blah, what was I thinking?). I'll be there wearin a black shirt sayin "Opeth" on the front and with a pic of the band on the back. Picked it up at some store on Queen St (which had a decent selection of metal shirts, it was a nice surprise). I'm really tall and have pretty short (for a metal fan :\) reddish hair. Feel free to say hi if you see me ;o
Pretty damn excited, I've only seen these guys on the Damnation tour so far, I've been waiting for a heavy set FOREVER. I could care less if DevilDriver sucks, I've sat through enough shitty opening acts that I'm used to it now. Just saw Moonspell opening for Crade of Filth (waste of time, horrible band) in February, they were alright.

See you all at the show \m/
Looking forward to the best night of my life!

ill be there. iether in my opeth - blackwater park shirt (like every other person there) or if my package comes, then belphegor - necrodaemon terrorsathan.... ill be drunk, and in the mosh pit.. third time seeing 'em!!! yes! at their last heavy show, they had an amazing pit... hope this one wont be ruined by thosed nu-metal fans wholl come for devildriver

I won't be in the pit but I'll do my fucking best ot be in the front row, no matter what injury it costs me.

Just wanted to bump this thread 'cause the show's tomorrow and it got very little response! Tell me there are more Toronto Opeth fans on UM than this who are attending!

I am going no matter what!

I just finished writing a midterm, and I have two more midterms the day after the concert, and I'm missing all my classes tomorrow just to go to this concert. Screw academics! Opeth is too good! I conviced a fellow Opeth fan here to do the same as well hehe

The plan:
1) Go to Toronto HMV (or similar) and buy Lamentations
2) Wait in line in order to get front row
3) Enjoy Opeth

Hope I'll survive the front gates :erk:

I had fully intended to go, and a co-worker had told me he would get me tickets..and always reassured me that he would get them, so I held back.

Now it's sold out, I'm sure Opeth are taking the stage right about now, and I'm at home. I didn't take the bus on the off-chance that some scalpers might be there. I think I was just too dejected, and a little disgusted.

So, I miss an Opeth show, so what, right? hrm.

Maybe if I grab the DVD tomorrow (it IS available in Canada, right?) I'll feel redeemed. No Blackwater park.. no Demon of the Fall, but..

Well, that concert was incredible!

My plan worked out great! Got Lamentations, met a bunch of other Opeth-concert-goers at HMV, met some other people from my university while at the concert, got right infront of Peter and had a helluva good time!

Managed to get a guitar pick too, which was pretty cool. I wish I brought a camera or something... didn't know they were permitted! I hope some people post them somewhere, because there were atleast 3-4 people around me snapping digital pictures

I was one of them. I also have a couple of 30 second mpeg clips from my camera taken. I'll try to post them in a bit. I haven't seen the yet so I don't know if they turned out good or not. BTW Devildriver blew horse cocks!! What a waste of risking damage to my hearing.

bah bastard security wouldnt let me bring in my camera
security keeps getting more scrict everytime i go to the opera house

oh well, great show, met peter and martin mendez after, cool guys

I was one of the guys near you with a camera also. I was the really tall guy with reddish hair, wearing a tshirt with "Opeth" on the front and a pic of the guys on the back. I got pushed back a bit during Opeth's set, but got up to the 2nd row again by Demon of the Fall. \m/

My buddy (short portugese guy with a leather jacket with lots of studs and an amon amarth shirt) almost got two pics, but they fell behind the rail and were given to other people.

Fuck, this show was good. Devil Driver was boring as hell, but not as bad as people make them out to be. A far cry from nu-metal and lets all be thankful for that.

My pics turned out horrible so I won't even bother posting. Tried to get a pic of that flasher chick up on the balcony but missed her by a bit :p No big loss, but it woulda been interesting for memories. The guys looked like they were having such a great time, Mike was laughing and smiling so much, and talking a lot between songs.

Just watched the whole DVD, excellent stuff, though I think the sound might be a little too polished for a live DVD in some parts. Meh. Great show, despite the standing out in the cold for an hour and a half.

great show!
i was trying to start a pit during moonspells set. the lazy fucks didnt wanna mosh! i was the mosh pit for most of their sets (minus like 30 seconds when someone was in it with me...). i stopped trying after i twisted my ankle. dd were better then i expected. i went crowd serfing during most of their set. got to shake vocalists hand by accident. i tried to surf during opeth's set, but i kept stumbling into lazy fucks, who either didnt know how to help me up, or didnt want to help. the flasher chick was awesome!!! i was yelling "REQUIEM!!!!" between all opeth's songs. and they didnt play it. damn. after the show, i met with Peter, Lopez, and moonspells bassist, got their autographs.
oh, i was wearing army pants, opeth - blackwater park shirt, and outside i wore leather trench coat. if anyone saw me, cool!

Gin buddy! I'm pretty sure you know who this is. How you doing, man? Thanks for the cab fare. I swear I'll pay you back in full. You, me, Justin, and Tim we gotta hang out one weekend and that's how I'll pay you back. Alright dude? Catch ya later!