Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

A bit late to the celebration but I actually should be able to bring a friend to this one as he digs Widow a lot. Its just a bonus now that its on a friday and my brother lives in raleigh should I need to spend the night.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll contact some promoters/bands about these names.

Think Rush would open iN Canada?

(btw their new album is great)

The KC date should be opened by Vanlade. Let me know if you need some contact info.

Agree. Perfect fit for this.

Other local openers that fit a "heavy metal" vibe: Hellevate (a band that actually recently played Rocklahoma), Alsatia (power metal with keyboards), or even Hammerlord (thrash metal, very popular in the local scene, opened for Rob Zombie in KC)

\m/

ATTENTION ATLANTA PEEPS!! ... I have set up a Facebook Event for the Atlanta tour stop, which is technically in Marietta, GA at The 120 Tavern & Music Hall (formerly the Local @ Sidelines), 1440 Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30062.

Tickets will be on sale at the door only! Come Get Some!! :headbang:

NOTE: this show also doubles as Hoyt's 4th Annual 'Over the Top' Full Metal Birthday Bash! :heh: Come celebrate with me! I'll be 29! :Spin: ... (for the 17th time - heh heh)

I can only expect Brazen Angel will be a good draw for the show, as well as Widow being a veteran visiting band to the Atlanta scene courtesy of Pathfinder.

From www.melodicrock.com :

NEW ICARUS WITCH CD, DROPS JULY 3 ON CLEOPATRA RECORDS:
On July 3, Cleopatra Records will release the fifth studio record from Pittsburgh, PA-based melodic metallers Icarus Witch. Rise is an epic twelve-track display of songwriting and musicianship from one of the most-watched heavy music bands of the decade.
From the driving, anthemic “(We Are) The New Revolution” to its equally commanding following track “Rise,” Icarus Witch demonstrates impeccable harmonies, head-spinning dual guitar work, and hammering rhythm. Lyrically, the band is digging deep into themes of control (loss of, and taking it back), empowerment (within and without), and faith (and keeping it).
Says Jason Myers, “On Rise, all restrictions of what we could or could not do were removed. The result is a completely fresh approach, new territory being explored, more diversity, better energy, by far the biggest progression in songwriting in the band's history. This album took courage to create. We certainly didn't take the safe or expected route and know that we're rolling the dice with some bold moves.” Continues Tom Wierzbicky, “This was a very unique album that we put together. There were times where you would be pulling from the other side of the spectrum, sometimes taking yourself out of your comfort zone.”
By supporting artists as diverse as Black Sabbath, Paul DiAnno (as backing band as well), Cinderella, Twisted Sister, Otep, Doro, Fuel, and Coheed & Cambria, Icarus Witch has earned a large international fan base that consists of hardcore headbangers, hip art rockers, and indie kids. In August, the band launches a tour with Earache Records' White Wizzard and Pure Steel artist Widow.

icaruswitch-rise.jpg

Since their debut in 2003, Icarus Witch has inspired the enthusiastic endorsements like “one of the best bands to carry the standard triumphantly into the future!” from Metal Hammer. Heavy-hitters from the melodic rock and metal worlds have guested on past Icarus Witch albums, including Joe Lynn Turner (Deep Purple/Rainbow), George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob) and Michael Romeo (Symphony X). On Rise, the band stands on its own debuting a new vocalist, drummer, and second guitar player, which heralds a new era with a big, boldly fresh sound that Don Jamieson (That Metal Show) has called "Killer! A great sign of things to come.”
Icarus Witch is Christopher Shaner (vocals), Quinn Lukas (guitar), Dave Watson (guitars/keys), Jason Myers (bass), and Tom Wierzbicky (drums).

Rise Track Listing: 1. The End 2. (We Are) The New Revolution 3. Rise 4. Asylum Harbour 5. Coming Of The Storm 6. Tragedy 7. Say When 8. Break The Cycle 9. Nothing Is Forever 10. Pray 11. In The Dark 12. Last Call For Living.

Rise album trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at edward mckays today selling dvds to get new monitors/speaker money (JBLs :drool:) and I was shocked to see a Widow - Midnight Strikes album in the metal section. Reactions were as follows 1) who would toss this one out? b) $5? I'll pick it up 3) Nah I'll just wait when play here and pick it up from them and actually support the band.

I was at edward mckays today selling dvds to get new monitors/speaker money (JBLs :drool:) and I was shocked to see a Widow - Midnight Strikes album in the metal section. Reactions were as follows 1) who would toss this one out? b) $5? I'll pick it up 3) Nah I'll just wait when play here and pick it up from them and actually support the band.

Should have bought it and then another one at the show. Then give it to a friend. ;)

Tour Update!

Widow has been forced to drop out of the first week of the tour. They're going to pick up with WHITE WIZZARD and ICARUS WITCH at the Buffalo show and continue all the way through the end.

Also, a few more dates have been announced!!!

wwtourflyerweb.jpg

Damn! I just finally checked out Widow and really dig what they're doing. I was planning on seeing the Joliet show to catch them and White Wizzard. I'm still going to the show, but I'm really bummed to know that Widow won't be there. Hopefully, this means that White Wizzard will play a longer set. Knowing Mojoe's, though, it means we'll get another opener that has nothing to do stylistically with the main bill. Oh, well, I'm just glad that an Intromental show is coming to my neck of the woods so I can support it.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Damn! I just finally checked out Widow and really dig what they're doing. I was planning on seeing the Joliet show to catch them and White Wizzard. I'm still going to the show, but I'm really bummed to know that Widow won't be there. Hopefully, this means that White Wizzard will play a longer set. Knowing Mojoe's, though, it means we'll get another opener that has nothing to do stylistically with the main bill. Oh, well, I'm just glad that an Intromental show is coming to my neck of the woods so I can support it.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

you know they will add 3 high school death metal acts. Which is a shame. This show would do so much better in the city at a place like Ultra Lounge. Still going to try and make it out but comic-con is the same weekend and I will see how tired I am.