Track your stolen Mac!

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
Saw this at another forum. Looks like it's useful if it actually works and isn't easy to get out.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/02/19/get-a-tuaw-discount-on-mac-theft-recovery-service-from-hidden/

Quote from OP:

Hey everyone, for those that have been here a while, know that in August, I had my new iMac and Macbook stolen, along with a bunch of other things. Since that time, I have gotten a new MacBook Pro and have look around at apps that will help in case of a stolen laptop. Everything just ends up being so expensive, so I kinda stopped looking... until today.

I was reading a Mac blog website and they gave a review of a new app, similar to LoJack. The best thing about it is that it only costs $20 for the life of the laptop. On top of that, they are giving $10 off to readers of the blog (Code TUAW50 at checkout). Not too shabby if you ask me. The program is completely hidden. No prefs pane, no app icon. Nothing. When you have your Mac stolen, you just go to the website and change your status from not stolen to stolen and it updates your ip address, takes pics of the perps, and pinpoints where they are via google maps, so you can take a trip to the ghetto with your kevlar vest on and confront them yourself. You can read the review at the link below.