Tracklisting?

Dekompoze

New Metal Member
Nov 5, 2004
Hello everybody :wave: . I can't remember if i've posted here or not, but i'm a huge Nevermore fan. I saw this tracklisting posted over on the BW&BK messageboard, and was wondering if this was accurate..

57 min 18 secs

1- Born
2- Final Product
3- My Acid Words
4- Bittersweet Feast
5- Sentient 6
6- Medicated Nation
7- The Holocaust of Thought
8- Sell my Heart for Stories
9- The Psalm of Lydia
10- A Future Uncertain
11- This Godless Endeavor

Thanks folks, and looking forward to 'This Godless Endeavor' :worship: .

dead6skin6mask6 said:
on the promo, at least. there should be Revelation by Ozzy somewhere

I'm really hoping Century Media offers it as a bonus, with a deluxe version of 'This Godless Endeavor' right away, and not as a single, or something that will be released on an extended version 6 months later. The thought of Nevermore covering 'Revelation..' :OMG: . Please don't deny us this, ya' know?

And BTW, song #8 might be called 'Selling My Heart For Stones', but I could be wrong. ;)

sknight said:
If this was the Dream Theater board, this post would have gotten the site shut down.

I hope I haven't done anything wrong! :confused: . I don't have a promo, and I don't download, or spread false rumors or troll. I post over at the Braveboard (with TattooedSean), and saw the tracklisting from one of the BW&BK guys, and wanted to see if it was right. If this thread needs to be deleted, then it should be, and i'm a fault for making it. Sorry, guys :erk: .

Dude it was a joke, dont worry, I dont think you'll be penalized for posting something here that is already somewhere else. Hey if the "I have the promo" thread doesnt get deleted I dont think this one should.

I was kidding. The Dream Theater forum is the most lame one on the net and their fans are retards.

The new album is set for release next week and Mike Portnoy didn't want anyone talking about the album, so the moderators were working 24/7 to delete posts and threads talking about the album, or even speculating on it, so they finally just shut the board down until next week.

Pretty lame, if you ask me.

sknight said:
I was kidding. The Dream Theater forum is the most lame one on the net and their fans are retards.

The new album is set for release next week and Mike Portnoy didn't want anyone talking about the album, so the moderators were working 24/7 to delete posts and threads talking about the album, or even speculating on it, so they finally just shut the board down until next week.

Pretty lame, if you ask me.

OOOhh, okay *whew*!!! I remember the same thing happening over at Zakk Wylde's board, no early reviews allowed on the messageboard, or else they got deleted. I didn't know about the Dream Theater board, though.

Dudes, July 26th seems like a looooong way off :erk: .

Dekompoze said:
Hello everybody :wave: . I can't remember if i've posted here or not, but i'm a huge Nevermore fan. I saw this tracklisting posted over on the BW&BK messageboard, and was wondering if this was accurate..

57 min 18 secs

1- Born
2- Final Product
3- My Acid Words
4- Bittersweet Feast
5- Sentient 6
6- Medicated Nation
7- The Holocaust of Thought
9- The Psalm of Lydia
10- A Future Uncertain

Thanks folks, and looking forward to 'This Godless Endeavor' :worship: .

My first brief review...........

1- Born - Cool first track. Closer to a single than most of the songs.
2- Final Product - The track they're doing the video for (unless I talk them out of it.
3- My Acid Words - Catchy. Fun song.
4- Bittersweet Feast - To me, the best song on the record. Catchy-est song. Cool guitar riffage. Cool chorus. Best single on the record.
5- Sentient 6 - Second favorite song on the disk. But i think WD might have written the lyrics right after seeing I' Robot.
6- Medicated Nation - Cool solos
7- The Holocaust of Thought - I think this is the short song that's just a bass line with James Murphy's solo over it. Sorta pointless, but i'm not guitarted.
9- The Psalm of Lydia - Alice in Chains vibe opening. My guess would be that Steve wrote this song.
10- A Future Uncertain

I guess my overall review so far would be it's a great soundtrack album, but i'm still trying my hardest to find a single. I want something i can sing along to. It's a good album, but I want a great track. Doesn't seem like the tracks were meant to stand alone. WD's voice sounds stronger than ever. He doesn't sound like he's struggling at all. Loomie is awesome. Sounds like he's trying some newer tricks. Drums sound a little too perfect. Almost Fear Factory. And I'm not super stoked on the mix. If DHIADW is an "A" Nevermore disc, I'll give TGE a "B". But hey, I always hold this guys up to perfection, so anything less is easy to critisize. I'm still waiting for their Sgt. Pepper, cause i know it's in them somewhere. They're one of the best bands out there, so I expect nothing shy of the best!

:headbang:

MetalSteph said:
My first brief review...........

7- The Holocaust of Thought - I think this is the short song that's just a bass line with James Murphy's solo over it. Sorta pointless, but i'm not guitarted.

:headbang:

Cool synopsis of the album :) (or however you spell it), but you know, there's nothing 'pointless' about Nevermore+James Murphy :worship: .

Dekompoze said:
Cool synopsis of the album :) (or however you spell it), but you know, there's nothing 'pointless' about Nevermore+James Murphy :worship: .

Anything that would be Nevermore + Testament (JM) is a fucking plus in my book. :worship:

"Medicated Nation", hm. I see this repeating pattern of drugs used to pacify the masses.

All I have to say is there are legitimate uses and needs for all the pharmaceuticals being perscribed. Some are necessary, some are out of desperation by doctors (easier to write a script than discuss or refer), some aren't necessary at all, but only time will tell if that's the truth.

There are so many mentally ill people. There are those are in chronic and intractable pain. There's those with heart problems, cancer, so many desperate problems. Legitimate, life saving, life altering drugs can ease a painful life, extend it, or change it into one worth living.

I have a slight problem with the repeating pattern of swipes at all the meds that some of population takes. I'd like to know specifically what he's referring to, because I disagree with him at times. Many times, and I'm afraid I would argue the point to much. No disrespect intended, however, I see the other side of the issue much differently.

Satans Mom said:
"Medicated Nation", hm. I see this repeating pattern of drugs used to pacify the masses.

All I have to say is there are legitimate uses and needs for all the pharmaceuticals being perscribed. Some are necessary, some are out of desperation by doctors (easier to write a script than discuss or refer), some aren't necessary at all, but only time will tell if that's the truth.

There are so many mentally ill people. There are those are in chronic and intractable pain. There's those with heart problems, cancer, so many desperate problems. Legitimate, life saving, life altering drugs can ease a painful life, extend it, or change it into one worth living.

I have a slight problem with the repeating pattern of swipes at all the meds that some of population takes. I'd like to know specifically what he's referring to, because I disagree with him at times. Many times, and I'm afraid I would argue the point to much. No disrespect intended, however, I see the other side of the issue much differently.

start thinking in metaphors my friend

I'm thinking maybe the medication is core values of our society, like work, money, status, fame, doing all manner of things in order to be 'acceptable'. We dose up on this crap every day. It sustains us because we believe nothing else can, but none of it is as godlike as it's made out to be. Stupid unnecessary things to waste a life on.
Just a thought...

Cleanliness is next to godlessness