Transhumanism

Is Transhumanism the way to go?!

• It is a scientific inevitability if humanity is to survive

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • It is possible and desirable

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Such advancements are not desirable (Explain)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It's pure science fiction, such advancements will never happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Technology is advancing too far, and the result is we're losing what makes us human in the first place. So goes that train...

I don't particularly see whats so great about "what makes us human".
If suffering, poverty, disease, and death are what defines us as a species, then wouldn't it be better to be improve ourselves?

Well, it depends. You mean "expand our life span" rather than "improve". I have no qualms using technology to aid the former aim.

Well that by itself wouldn't alleviate any suffering. I see no problem with genetic, mental, and physical modifications. Essentially taking direct control of our evolution. The whole human essence concept is quite frankly dated and irrelevant. There is no real value to it. We exist however we might, there's no right way to be human. The only difference is that in the transhuman future, theoretically we would be able to do more and suffer less.

Anyone who uses the whole 'going against nature' argument piece is a shit spewer in my opinion. If you would think about it for one microsecond, ANYTHING that is within our power to do is natural, because everything is a byproduct of our inherent capabilities as a species. QED, bitches.

fuck no, I don't want that! I'd rather have people getting back to nature :D

The entire reason that nature is getting fucked is because of mankind and only mankind. We can't get "back to nature" because we were never a part of it because we have critical thinking and are evolved beings. We might as well use the 70% of the brain that we aren't using now for the evolution of our disgusting and vile species.

There is no reason why we can't have both...there will just need to be sacrifices. Want to live in the country? Kill the suburbs. Want to live in the city? Be prepared to sacrifice personal space. This won't happen for a long, long time however. As long as Twitter exists, we'll never evolve our species.

The problem with humans is that everything is never enough. This is why the suburbs exist in the first place and why there are so many shopping malls in the US where there used to be wildlife.

I'm watching his vids now. He's got one of those really old trailers with the little square mirrors on the side of the walls for decoration and the stereotypical diamond window on the front door. Typical internet genius.

As if the mullet and molester mustache didn't give it away.

I think that mullets have come back as a sort of joke, as people these days are much more open to making fun of themselves. It even makes you cool.