Translated lyrics?

If I'm not misstaken, we have had this topic here before... :p
Does anyone know how to make a sticky? It would be nice for all V-lyric-seekers to have the adress at the top once they enter this forum.

He sings in Swedish and has written only one song in a certain dialect but for Otyg. I don't know which one it is, though.

ps: wenn du nit so gut englisch sprichst, soll ich dich dann verbessern? is ernst gemeint!

Well, I know there is a Vintersorg page (I love you Draugen - the page is excellent (so is Skald btw), but what about other bands such as Lumsk? I'm having quite a bit of a hard time understanding the song "Perpålsa".

the bigger fun is translating VS songs on your own using a dictionary
it's very good for the vocabulary...and just the right vocabulary too
none of that Göteborg skitspråk(no offence)...Mr V is all about valleys, trolls mountains and the cosmos...pure poetry

Well, I know there is a Vintersorg page (I love you Draugen - the page is excellent (so is Skald btw), but what about other bands such as Lumsk? I'm having quite a bit of a hard time understanding the song "Perpålsa".
I think the lyrics on Lumsk's Troll suck pretty badly, despite being written by a folklorist and all. But anyway:

Perpålsa the gnome lived in a stone
in Nordland, in Nordland
And Henrik the Swede fled on his legs
he ran from the policeman in the valley

Henrik the Swede ran, and he ran
in Nordland, in Nordland
And the policeman came just behind
he never managed to get away

Far away he saw something he thought was
in Nordland, in Nordland
the stone where Perpålsa lived
And the breath from the policeman was just behind

He threw himself behind the stone
in Nordland, in Nordland
He thundered and banged frantic and hard on it
Luckily Perpålsa was at home

The door opened slightly
in Nordland
Henrik the Swede slipped inside
Now I shall sleep so sweetly

-It was a gnome's stone!

He sings in Swedish and has written only one song in a certain dialect but for Otyg. I don't know which one it is, though.

ps: wenn du nit so gut englisch sprichst, soll ich dich dann verbessern? is ernst gemeint!

danke!hab alles schon vergessen=(kannst du mir ne paar sitres geben,wo kann ich lyric mit normalen scandinavischen buchstaben finden?

I think the lyrics on Lumsk's Troll suck pretty badly, despite being written by a folklorist and all. But anyway:

Perpålsa the gnome lived in a stone
in Nordland, in Nordland
And Henrik the Swede fled on his legs
he ran from the policeman in the valley

Henrik the Swede ran, and he ran
in Nordland, in Nordland
And the policeman came just behind
he never managed to get away

Far away he saw something he thought was
in Nordland, in Nordland
the stone where Perpålsa lived
And the breath from the policeman was just behind

He threw himself behind the stone
in Nordland, in Nordland
He thundered and banged frantic and hard on it
Luckily Perpålsa was at home

The door opened slightly
in Nordland
Henrik the Swede slipped inside
Now I shall sleep so sweetly

-It was a gnome's stone!

Wow...that was....:erk:
Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Anyone care to help...half the dictionaries I've been using don't even have 'dagen' in it, let alone 'gryr' :erk:

Mithotyn - Tills Dagen Gryr
Runt kring vår stuga småjävlar sluga,tassa så tyst med bockfet och svans.Varulvar yla isande kyla,sveper i dimma fantygets dans.Bäva och broder lyssna och hör,vrålen från gast som osalig dör.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fatter,svänger med den tills dagen gryr.Gastar och spoken skymtas i kröken,dodingar släpar ruttnande lik.Benrangel skramla spökhänder famla,kväver din strupes rosslande skrik.Helvetets alla fasor slåpps loss,fan rider runt med hela sin tross.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fattarsvänger med den tills dagen gryr.

Anyone care to help...half the dictionaries I've been using don't even have 'dagen' in it, let alone 'gryr' :erk:

Mithotyn - Tills Dagen Gryr
Runt kring vår stuga småjävlar sluga,tassa så tyst med bockfet och svans.Varulvar yla isande kyla,sveper i dimma fantygets dans.Bäva och broder lyssna och hör,vrålen från gast som osalig dör.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fatter,svänger med den tills dagen gryr.Gastar och spoken skymtas i kröken,dodingar släpar ruttnande lik.Benrangel skramla spökhänder famla,kväver din strupes rosslande skrik.Helvetets alla fasor slåpps loss,fan rider runt med hela sin tross.Döden han skrattar flaskan han fattarsvänger med den tills dagen gryr.

i will be happy too to have an exact translation of this song....in the lastest falconer's album (in the bonus cd with swedish songs) they play the same song with different lyrics, i wonder which lyrics are the original and traditional one....
dagen stays for dag-en = the day (you can find the world dag on your dictionary)

UNTIL DAYBREAK

Around our cottage, small, wily devils
Sneak about so silently with cloven hoof and tail.
Werewolves howl, chilling cold
Shrouds the dance of the devilry in fog.
Tremble, and brother, listen and hear,
The howls from ghosts who dies damned.
Death laughs and seizes the bottle,
Swings it until daybreak.

Ghosts and spectres are seen in the winding,
Undead ones drag festering corpses.
Skeletons rattle, ghosts' hands grope,
Choke your throat, wheezing screams.
All the horrors of Hell are let loose,
The Devil rides with all of his army.
Death laughs and seizes the bottle,
Swings it until daybreak.