Travel experiences

Originally posted by Evilho

Why is that weird?
The woman probably asked something like "Excuse me do you know where the Schwtchwschshcwhshpflechtpfler Street is?" When she realized you were a tourist probably she was aware of the fact that tourists rarely know things that she, as a local doesn't know; therefore she politely said goodbye saying "Have a nice day".

Mystery solved? :D

Well, why didn't she just ask the guard that was almost beside her? Or the information?

Originally posted by Eddy
We were leaving the hotel in Ruisrock (or Rostock, as the weird people seem to call it) and this lady knocked at our door. So I went to open the door and she said something like "sdf, sdflkj, sdafijf?" and I said I don't understand German. She just left and I'm still wondering what the hell was she on about!? :err:

The weirdest thing happened when I went to get some cash from the cash machine at the railroad station near our hotel. Some lady came to me and I guess she asked something. I just said I didn't understand German. She replied to me with these exact words: "Oh! Have a nice day then!" WTF?! :err:
:D
She did definitely not ask "sdf, sdflkj, sdafijf?" :D

Cool thread, rock on guys :)

Well, my trip is done now too, haven't slept in about 36 hours now, but thats ok, so if I seem a bit more weird than usual just blame the Audi's for it :D
Anyway, I will maybe post some sort of 'diary' of my trip and experiences in Germany, Denmark and Sweden and I will add a link here when I do.

I happen to be german, that's why I suppose she didn't ask that.
But you're right, I can't be sure as I wasn't there ...

She didn't ask that anyway :p
:D

:lol:
Never been to germany... anyways.
But I guess I would need to write a book devoted to British habits with a huge chapter related to their terrible showers! :hehe: