Tribes of Neurot

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
so i'm on the cusp of becoming a Neurosis fanboy, and i just read up on this wee side project of theirs. i'll be purchasing Times of Grace and probably A Sun That Never Sets like, right after xmas.

so the album Grace is a companion piece that is meant to be played at the same time as Neurosis - Times of Grace? what a nifty concept! :tickled:

but then again i never see anyone bring up this stuff when discussing Neurosis, so is it more novelty than anything else?

I was already too familiar with ToG when trying this "experience" . Did not give me a boner at all..

markgugs said:
I stopped reading at "Neurosis." :lol:
finger.jpg

:loco:

eh, tried the double album at once thing, and I don't like how the neurosis junks up the wonderful Tribes of Neurot

or better yet, listen to Zaireeka

ps: i used to HATE Neurosis so anyone else who feels like coming in here to say they do too might as well just stop because you don't really hate them at all, you just haven't yet realized how brilliant they are and how wrong you be. :dopey:

nah, it's not that I hate 'em, it's just that I can find more constructive ways to bore my ass off.

re: Zaireeka- Flaming Lips, 4 disc album, each disc designed to be played simultaneously, or listened to separately.. or a few listened to together, or or or etc

that wasn't directed at you. :tickled:

okay that's just whacky enough of a concept to buy blind. i've been recommended the Flaming Lips by a few highly trusted sources before too.

I don't think Zaireeka is a great place to start with the Flaming Lips :lol: :lol:

but you should still listen to them *shakes fist*

yeah, i just read a review, maybe not.

i think i have a CD-R lying around here though, but if not, where to start?

*shakes ass*

Lur said:
yeah, i just read a review, maybe not.

i think i have a CD-R lying around here though, but if not, where to start?

*shakes ass*

Soft Bulletin

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is pretty neat too

not too familiar with their older stuff tbh

Zaireeka is a great concept and an awesome listen when you have all four stereos going. It's like a whirlwind of sound.

I don't think Yoshimi is a good place to start with The Flaming Lips. It's a pretty good album, but more electronically based I'd say. I'd start with The Soft Bulletin. That album is among my favorites of all time plus it's got "Race For The Prize" on it. And that song slays. It made me want to start a band and play music. Definately one of the best albums of the 90's. Top ten material in my opinion.

On Topic; I've heard Tribes of Neurot constructed an album based entirely on insect sounds? That's a cool concept! I've never checked it out though.

May I suggest you something?:

"NEUROSIS' A Sun That Never Sets DVD is a groundbreaking advancement in the world of independent music. Ranging from eclectic visual art pieces to thematic music videos for the widely acclaimed album of the same name, this project re-introduces NEUROSIS' visual edge in an entirely new light.

Also included in the continued spirit of NEUROSIS' alter ego, TRIBES OF NEUROT, is a related seventy minute experimental audio/visual project only available on this DVD."

Of course, I would suggest to buy both the album AND the DVD.

Neurosis haters are simply people who haven't come to realize their brilliance.

I've only heard the Grace album as a stand alone, and it's simply noise, so you might actually enjoy it.

As it stands, Times of Grace is one of the few perfect albums in music. Ever.

well, i thought i had a Flaming Lips CD-R laying about, but apparently not. but i did find a Mark Lanegan CD i've been wanting to check out! :loco:

ordered Times of Grace and A Sun that Never Sets. will get the DVD and/or Grace album if i fall totally in love with it, although the whole concept behind this thingy is seemingly not worth the trouble. or all ya'll are wrong and it's the greatest thing ever. time will tell!

i think what turned a lot of people off is having to simultaneously try to listen to two stereos in a single room. i heard of so many people trying to play one cd on a stereo, and the other on some little radio. it just didn't work.

the band really needs to release the "full" album as a single release.

ive wanted to try ToN's Survival and Adaptation or whatever because it's an album of "music" consisting entirely of insect noises amplified and shit