Tribute to DEATH to include members of Slipknot, CKY, Malevolent Creation and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are ignorant fucking assholes. Who do you think you are speaking for chuck like some of you have? How do you even know Chuck wasn't friends with these "posers"? Just because they are in a band that are too mainstream for your anti-popular attitudes or becuase you don't like the band you go off on them and say they have no right to do this because of their work for a single band. Who are you to say what rights they have?

Anyway, i can't wait to hear this thing. Although it's a bit strange have ex-death members on there. Why would any of them be on their own tribute album? Ah wel, i'm not that worried. I'm looking forward to hearing this, especially Lack of Comprehension!

And that video proves Mick can handle himself when it comes to Death metal.

It's better that a bunch of mainstream guys are showing what they can do instead of all the underground bands playing, which we OFCOURSE ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN PLAY SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY!!!:rolleyes: Give them a chance.

C-Taylor said:
It's better that a bunch of mainstream guys are showing what they can do instead of all the underground bands playing, which we OFCOURSE ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN PLAY SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY!!!:rolleyes: Give them a chance.

It'll just make me hate them more... knowing that they can be so much better, yet they choose to be so horrible just to make money. I'd rather just figure they are talentless retards, that way hate isn't involved.

Well, he is a hell of a lot better than I expected him to be, and he played some pretty killer riffs. I can finally rest knowing he wont ruin the tribute...but the CKY guy? Hmm....

Deron Miller can play, look around for the Foreign Objects stuff and you might just enjoy it.

But then again, got forbid Slipknot even say the word "Metal". Let 'em live.

C-Taylor said:
Paul mick corey and joey would make a brilliant band if they put their best into it.. but it wouldnt be a Death tribute. It shouldnt matter if it was a blink 182 guitarist doing the tribute... they are showing that they appreciate what the band done and that they enjoyed their music to the fullest...

Exactly!

Mark said:
Guitarist James Murphy (ex-Death & Testament) is preparing a tribute to metal legends DEATH, with recording to begin in mid-late August. Paul and Mick from mask-wearing rockers SLIPKNOT have signed on to appear on the disc, along with Terry Butler (Ex-Death, Six Feet Under), Deron Miller (CKY), Dave Culross (Suffocation, Malevolent Creation), and Brett Hoffman (also of Malevolent Creation).

Some of the tracks to appear include:

Land of No Return
Forgotten Past
Lowlife
Lack of Comprehension
Jealousy

http://www.msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy/

Now whats the big deal? I read this lovely news, and it sounds cool with me. If anything I wish they get some band members from Cynic on here and cover some of the later albums (I'm not a big fan of the first or second albums, I'm more into the Progressive side of Death)

Chuck I think would still be proud of this, and since the money is going towards Chuck's Family, I can see no wrong here.

Death has been one of my biggest inspirations to play music since i first heard them back when i was just fifteen,to hear this will make me smile,regardless of who the hell is playing the music.If the people who are playing on this tribute love Death as well,what's the problem?

I'm not disappointed. I mean, its only Mick, and Micks been playing since he was ten. I'm sure he can do Death justice. I'm not sure about CKY though. But other than that, who are we to judge? We'll see what happens. There is still the possibility that it will suck.

final fantasy VII - nice - i love that game

anyway, I think death - the little I have heard of them - are a brilliant band, and I'd definitely be keen to hear the tribute out of curiosity.
Which Death album/s would you recommend (anyone)?

I would reccommed Human (technical death metal), Individual Thought Patterns (technical metal), and The Sound of Perseverance (technical metal). Symbolic (technical metal), Spiritual Healing (death metal), and Leprosy (death metal) are on the next tier... I don't really care for Scream Bloody Gore (death/thrash.)

Status
Not open for further replies.