Tribute to DEATH to include members of Slipknot, CKY, Malevolent Creation and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you people are retarded, you bitch about how slipknot is image this and image that, but the only reason you don't like slipknot or even uttering the bands' name is because you're oh so fucking metal. I myself do not listen to slipknot, but fuck, if they're fans of Death and can pull off a Death cover who the fuck cares? Some of you need to grow up and stop being such bitches.

Look, I haven't read the whole thread, just the first and last pages.
Someone asked why is it a disgrace to chuck.
I'll tell you why:

because chuck said alot of times and in different occasions that he don't take
Nu metal as really metal.
He said that he hates this fashion of baggy pants and playing talentless shit with
distortion and call it metal.

and then we have slipknot players on the tribute album??? (so what if their 1st cd is death metal!!! all da rest is commercial shit)

and another thing. Terry Butler?!?!?!?!?
If you don't know then terry betrayed chuck and chuck never forgive him.
chuck once (or more) said that he no more conciders terry as a friend.

that is why this tribute a disgrace.

You obviuosly did not get the point and therefore you decided to stick to
the less important thing.
The meaning wasn't the baggie pant's but the culture it represent, the one that
takes shit, plays it with heavy ditortion and call it metal.

you see, this guy Fred Durst I think is his name also liked metal in his youth.
does that mean he is metal????
NO!!! that is why I don't give a fuck about those slipknot guy even they were the
biggest death fans.
Chuck hated shit metal and that is what they play.

and about Terry Butler you have nothing to say???

all you say is just "wait until you hear it"
hear this: it won't be worth a hearing if it wouldn't consider chuck's ideology and thoughts.

Enuma Elish said:
You obviuosly did not get the point and therefore you decided to stick to
the less important thing.
The meaning wasn't the baggie pant's but the culture it represent, the one that
takes shit, plays it with heavy ditortion and call it metal.

you see, this guy Fred Durst I think is his name also liked metal in his youth.
does that mean he is metal????
NO!!! that is why I don't give a fuck about those slipknot guy even they were the
biggest death fans.

and about Terry Butler you have nothing to say???

all you say is just "wait until you hear it"
hear this: it won't be worth a hearing if it wouldn't consider chuck's ideology and thoughts.
no, my point is that i dont consider worth my time to argue with people like you.

If you're honestly implying Slipknot is like Limp Bizkit you're just being difficult. Mick of Slipknot is a very accomplished guitarist, believe it or not. And no, I'm not just saying that, he's literally a very well rounded metal guitarist, there are videos of him playing guitar on the net if you want to go look for them. Also, I'm quite sure it is only Mick playing on the tribute album, not Slipknot as a band.

Slipknot has been lumped into nu metal, which if fine but bands like Korn, Deftones and Drowning Pool have no where near the intesity of Slipknot. I'm not claiming Slipknot are intense compared to bands like Decapitated or Circle of Dead Children, but nonetheless. I guess what I'm getting at is as un-metal you people want to claim Slipknot to be, its normally because of their image and how popular they are. The fact is, as far as nu metal goes, they are the "most" metal band....

Actually fuck this, if you really have the energy to care who is more metal than who, you're a fucking retard, and if you actually care a Slipknot member is paying tribute to Chuck (and I'd like to point out, I bet he's been a Death fan longer than all of us pretty much), than again, you're a fucking retard.

I my opinion slipknot is not nu metal. I think people hate them because they got so famous. They may not be intense brutal death metal like Morbid Angel, but they are metal, more so than nu.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this tribute. I think it's great that Death has influenced so many bands. There's no reason why only "true" metalheads should be fans of the band.

I think it's great that a member of a mainstream metal act is shedding light on an amazing band a lot of "untr00" neo-fans of the genre would otherwise be unaware of. In fact, I always appreciate it when mainstream acts pay homage to the metal gods of yesteryear. It's good to see these kids still respect their forefathers, despite not being 1/100 as talented most of the time. So long as they don't bastardize it, and with ~that~ said, Mick is nowhere as untalented as most of you cliched elitists like to pretend he is.

I think it'll be interesting. If you're seriously ENRAGED at this news, then simply don't listen, and quit whining as you're not impressing anyone other than your equally close-minded elitist bretheren whom I (and the rest of us who grew out of that childish phase) despise thoroughly.

Thats the thing. Slipknot play simple. Doesn't mean their Guitarist or Bassist didn't respect Chuck. They have as much right as anyone to want to play a part in a tribute. I'm sure he wouldn't say no to that either.

Personally I can't see Slipknot as Nu Metal, they don't play riffs and are commercial, that isnt a making of a Nu Metal band, they are far more intense with thier ideas and live shows than a lot of metal bands easily.

Saying they have no right to want to tribute to a band or a man that may have influenced them isn't right, everyone has a right to put their input on this CD, metal or not.

biggest death fans.
Shit to who? You can't call music "shit". That word doesn't exist when the word "Opinions" exist.

Mainstream doesn't take away the skill of an individual, and Mick I would say is well capable of playing Death, as well as Paul Gray, Deron Miller and any other decent mainstream artist.

Stand-Ablaze said:
Thats the thing. Slipknot play simple. Doesn't mean their Guitarist or Bassist didn't respect Chuck. They have as much right as anyone to want to play a part in a tribute. I'm sure he wouldn't say no to that either.

Personally I can't see Slipknot as Nu Metal, they don't play riffs and are commercial, that isnt a making of a Nu Metal band, they are far more intense with thier ideas and live shows than a lot of metal bands easily.

Saying they have no right to want to tribute to a band or a man that may have influenced them isn't right, everyone has a right to put their input on this CD, metal or not.

Shit to who? You can't call music "shit". That word doesn't exist when the word "Opinions" exist.

Mainstream doesn't take away the skill of an individual, and Mick I would say is well capable of playing Death, as well as Paul Gray, Deron Miller and any other decent mainstream artist.
No one you mentioned can play Chuck solos

not true, many bands do not use all their "skills" because it might not even be in theme/tone/thought of the music their creating

and how can you say you know what they can play, have you been with each one of them for their whole life and know what they can or cant do?

forget those clowns!They don't even play music but noise.If that's what they want, fine but Chuck hated bands like bufaloknot666 and I'll kill them all if they end up on the tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.