Triggering snare rolls

No, I just know that every plugin has its flaw, and that's the first honest thing I've heard about trigger.

The thing is, it's not "honest" because he simply isn't using the plug-in's other parameters correctly. Sorry. I haven't ever had to do that, I run TRIGGER on everything every single session without having to duplicate a track to split up dynamics or anything for that matter. If you know how to use the plug-in you don't need to do things like that. Arv just needs to learn the sensitivity, retrigger and detail knobs better and he could avoid having to do that. So, what you really mean to say is that in the months and months that TRIGGER has been out, the first "honest" thing you heard was from someone that isn't using the plug-in properly? :lol:

TRIGGER really is awesome... I could personally care less about playing favorites or acting smarter than anyone else, it's just an incredibly good plug-in.

The thing is, it's not "honest" because he simply isn't using the plug-in's other parameters correctly. Sorry. I haven't ever had to do that, I run TRIGGER on everything every single session without having to duplicate a track to split up dynamics or anything for that matter. If you know how to use the plug-in you don't need to do things like that. Arv just needs to learn the sensitivity, retrigger and detail knobs better and he could avoid having to do that. So, what you really mean to say is that in the months and months that TRIGGER has been out, the first "honest" thing you heard was from someone that isn't using the plug-in properly? :lol:

so school me, do I need to turn the sensitivity down or what because I usually leave my retrigger time at 40ms

and I'm using mic tracks by the way, not triggers

and honestly how the fuck do you guys know if I'm using it "incorrectly" without hearing the source tracks?

While it's subjective to the source material, of course, in my experience using TRIGGER on both trigger and mic tracks on every single project for months I have never had to split up dynamics of a track to get it to work properly. That's why I said that. My retrigger time is usually at 50+, sensitivity varies, usually I set it lower than the plug-in starts off at when initialized though, I would say on average it's 20-30. There is a highpass filter in the plug-in that is very useful, I tend to put an analyzer plug before TRIGGER to see what the fundamental of the drum is so that I can highpass everything below that in TRIGGER when it comes to using mic tracks, especially on snare (set around 200Hz). I tend to also turn up the input in TRIGGER as well. Sometimes with mic tracks that are sent to me and recorded poorly I will EQ the source before it hits TRIGGER, or use a transient designer to help out, but that's not commonly necessary. When you have 50 people saying they don't have a problem and one person does, what would you assume...

this problem only occurred on maybe one or two snare tracks, with lots of bleed, out of many tracks I've used trigger on... I use it to trigger live multitrack recordings too from shows that I record

and the sensitivity is usually the only value that I don't change very much, and TRIGGER has worked very well on 99% of what I've thrown at it

Dude, Trigger is awesome especially because of the amount of control you have....use the bleed suppression, use the hipass parameter (between 100-300hz), the rest is done. Best purchase for me recently.

fuck, I should have got it when there was the $50 upgrade, I have slate plat and really only use that for the samples, is it hard making tci of all the samples from slate plat wvaes or gogs?

It's easy to make the TCI's, takes very little time once you get the hang of it.