Triggering superior 2.0 accurately?

xchrisloungex

Nov 9, 2006
MANCHESTER, UK
Hi Guys,

I don't post much here as generally the info I need can easily be found. However on this I constantly seem to be stuck and nothing I do seems to work to an acceptable level.

Currently I'm using - Cubase 5, superior 2.0, slate/sturgis samples, drumagog platinum.

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a few tips to help drumagog trigger whichever sample set accurately as i'm constantly receiving mis firing samples or not picking up the different velocity hits properly. I use a lot of the toontrack midi files that i bought in the library of the extreme midi packs and they have a lot of intricate snare work with rolls etcetc which for the love of god I cannot get to trigger well.

I've tried messing with the envelope function of superior so that it kills the decay of the hits and killing pretty much all bleed in every mic amongst other things and still no luck :-(

I'm currently saving up for trigger but that may be some time off yet so unfortunately i have to make do with the tools that i have bought already.

If anyone could give me an example of a signal chain to run on each of the superior channels or a rough drumagog setting that picks up detailed snare / tom work that would be amazing.

Also if this issue has been covered in detail somewhere i apologise sincerely and will remove my topic if anyone can link me to said thread or info as i know posting questions that have been asked and answered before is a bit of a no-no.

Wait, you're saying you use Superior Drummer on your midi tracks and then use drumagog to trigger samples from that? Why don't you route the same midi you run through SD straight into drumagog?

Take the time to print in sections to make sure you get all the hits right.

OR

Compress the MIDI note velocities so they are closer together...this will help drumagog recognize the hits

OR

Print separate tracks for drumagog to read off, using flat note velocities. Blend Drumagog with original samples later.

1st option is best.