trim multiple regions on same track - pro tools

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
so i've searched and searched, and tried a butt load of stuff

i can't figure out how to trim multiple regions on the same track

for example. lets say you have a chug break down part, and you have it perfectly timed to the grid and sounds great. next you go through and cut out all the silence between each chug. next you need to select each resulting region and make a trim back and lengthen trim to make it sound less like the faceless and more like real clean guitar players...

the problem is, pro tools can't do this? cuz i've tried and looked everywhere and i can't figure it out.

and if you're about to type a reply about how i should use a noise gate, please go shoot your self. thats not what im talking about!

I think you've found the ONLY thing that I'm really missing from cubase...used that all the time.
I think this is not possible in PT...if you find out how please tell me, I'd love to know that as well

I think you've found the ONLY thing that I'm really missing from cubase...used that all the time.
I think this is not possible in PT...if you find out how please tell me, I'd love to know that as well

the other thing not possible in pro tools (at least intuitively) is the inability to control the fade in, and fade out of multiple selected regions on same track

after doing the multiple region trim, the next step is to fade in and out of each region so that the edits are smoother

the other thing not possible in pro tools (at least intuitively) is the inability to control the fade in, and fade out of multiple selected regions on same track

after doing the multiple region trim, the next step is to fade in and out of each region so that the edits are smoother

same thing for me (workflow for both things in cubase is the same...just grab the lower corner for one and the upper corner for the other).
so I think if one would be possible in PT, the other one would be, too.

same thing for me (workflow for both things in cubase is the same...just grab the lower corner for one and the upper corner for the other).
so I think if one would be possible in PT, the other one would be, too.

there are some keyboard short cuts, but its kind of finger cramping

you can make, say a 32nd or 16th note selection box, and then move that box around and make changes to anything lying within the box

this can be used to trim and fade, but its not as intuitive as selecting regions, and hitting a key command or moving the mouse in a certain way

using the keyboard to do this is ultimately slower too, because as of right now, you have to do it one region at a time, rather than apply same localized edit to all selected regions, like cubase.

could actually use this feature right now...
I am in the horrible situation that I have to work with drums that another engineer edited (VERY bad editing!) luckily I found an unconsolidated playlist....
but apparebtly he didn't use the triggerpad in BD, so the cuts/fades are directly on the transient, hence every other hat and ride hit is crackling and or flamming...all I need to do is drag ALL the little xfades to the left a bit....in PT it seems like I have to do that with every of the ca 600 fades separately...in cubase I'd just highlight all the tracks and move all the fades to the left a bit...:(.
does anyone know how I could do that in PT?

lasse you try to group the tracks? so everything you do to one region aplies to the others.

yeah you are rigth ,i missread your question:loco:. i only use proo tools in the audio institute i study, in home i use cubase, y will ask this question to one of my teachers that know prootools from top to bottom.

there must be a way to do it , i dont think digidesing guys miss stuff like this.

So, to make sure I'm clear, PT doesn't have audio slip and now this? :zombie:

So, to make sure I'm clear, PT doesn't have audio slip and now this? :zombie:

no slipping

no multi region fading

no multi region trimming

welcome to slow tools
lol

and my pt sessoin just crashed twice while recording guitars. all i was doing was making tracks with pod farm inserted on it. pt would crash when i'd hit the zoom in key on the edit window...

=\

because its the industry standard lol also the idea of tdm is also worth using protools alone but if what joey has been saying in his last few threads it true its not as perfect as it sounds even with his several thousand dollar hd3 rig it isnt really making me want to switch over as much as I used to want to.

because its the industry standard lol also the idea of tdm is also worth using protools alone but if what joey has been saying in his last few threads it true its not as perfect as it sounds even with his several thousand dollar hd3 rig it isnt really making me want to switch over as much as I used to want to.

+1