Triple Rectifier Audio Samples

Oh right, I thought he was referring to that "Fixation on the Darkness" clip from earlier in this thread

hmm if both of you read that somewhere then maybe I did for that clip.....I really can't remember now it was far too long ago.

I'd say they sound very different - the mesa os is a very scooped sounding cab, the 1960's have a kind of upper mid bark to them.
Thanks, I'm really eager to try the mesa OS cab, I wanted to try both stilleto and oversized but they didn't have it in stock so I only tried the stiletto.
I though the stilleto would give me more low mids and better clean than it did so I think I'd rather get the OS cab for the classic mesa sound and get a marshall 412 for that other classic midrangy tone.
Did you ever tried the 1960tv?
I didn't compare it directly to the standard 1960a but it sounded pretty cool to me, maybe less clean though because of its limited headroom.

Btw, I met Fredik Thordendal yesterday. He ROCKS! He told me how they placed mics when micing cabs in the studio plus how they dialed their boost-boxes, so i'll def be back in the studio to experiment some more soon. This stuff is SO much fun!

I was about to tell you that you used almost EXACTLY the same gear as Meshuggah does. Ehum, did. Sorry. ;)

Your sound clip sounded very familiar indeed.

Oh yeah, and I met a guy from the Swedish distributor of Mesa and he told me that the tone stack was BEFORE the preamp gain stage. He was sober when he told me too. ;)

I was about to tell you that you used almost EXACTLY the same gear as Meshuggah does. Ehum, did. Sorry. ;)

Your sound clip sounded very familiar indeed.

Oh yeah, and I met a guy from the Swedish distributor of Mesa and he told me that the tone stack was BEFORE the preamp gain stage. He was sober when he told me too. ;)

You mean the recto tone controlls are pre gain, even the crazy presence knob?

Well there are no Mesas currently loaded all with C90s - only the Road King open half has C90s, the other half has V30s

Are the C90's the Black Shadows? A buddy of mine has one of those old Mark series cabs, 2 of the speakers have an open back, the other two have a closed back. I can't be all that objective, to be honest. I didn't spend much time with it, but I'll check it out more in depth next time I'm able to. I've heard great things about the Black Shadows, tho.

Are the C90's the Black Shadows? A buddy of mine has one of those old Mark series cabs, 2 of the speakers have an open back, the other two have a closed back. I can't be all that objective, to be honest. I didn't spend much time with it, but I'll check it out more in depth next time I'm able to. I've heard great things about the Black Shadows, tho.
Yes those are c90 black shadows, you gotta be careful though because apparantly there's more than one black shadow so a black shadow speaker isn't necessary a c90.
Thanks for checking it out!
Did you ever hear it, how did you like it?
Thanks

C90s are Celestion Black Shadows, the other type is Electro Voice (EV) Black Shadows, the difference should be pretty obvious when you look at 'em

Well, I went to the store and tried about 5 different cabs and really liked the marshal 1960bv with vintage30s in it so I bought it.
Now let's play some music :)

I don't know about the crazy presence, but since it's crazy...?

Well, Meshuggah played 2 channel recto's right? Only the 3 channel ones have a crazy precence knobs on the red channel.

Hey, do you know if the Mesh guyes used GT75 in their cabs while recording DEI, Chaos...shure sounds like it?