Do you like Trivium?

• Yes

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Haven't heard enough / I dunno

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Keenan playing moderator. There was hardly any arguments at all, i dont know if you could call them arguments. And you made a thread which would clearly lead to this.

You cant catagorise all conversation so some threads will wonder off topic.

Well..... it was worth a shot :p

Gods? I feel sorry for people like you who clearly worship a band who do "thrash by numbers" nowadays as they think they have found the correct formula for a good album.

Bands like Trivium wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for Slayer. Plus, I bet Heafy loves Slayer. But I dont care really if you like em or not. :) Im just messin around.

ive listened to shogun and its ok but i heard that before i heard evile and stuff, so at the time when i heard that i was pretty new to the genre, and didnt mind it, but now looking back, its meh and i probably wouldnt listen to it again.

i think slayer are kewl.

big-rig-jig.jpg

Awesome%20Truck.jpg

I've already voiced my opinion about the band in another thread but for those who didn't see it, here it is:

I think Trivium take way more stick than they deserve.

Of course it’s all down to opinion, but I think they blow the large majority of mainstream metal bands out of the water. Musically, and lyrically. Bands such as Machine Head, Lamb of God, Devildriver, Dragonforce, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, modern In Flames.. all of them. Trivium may not be to everyone’s taste, and that’s fine by me. But deny they're a bunch of very talented musicians and you're a fool.

End of rant! :lol:

I'd say Machine Head is at least better than Trivium, but saying they are better than bands like BFMV and A7X is not by any means a stretch.

But beyond that, they're just mediocre, just less mediocre than most popular current metal bands.

Slayer is amazing. Since when was this thread about them though lol?

Every track on Show No Mercy is epic. Tormentor has to be one of the coolest songs of all time.

^^ This.

Are their older albums really worth checking out? I LOVE Shogun if thats makes any difference....

He's no where near as arrogant as he used to be, he's actually really nice nowadays. A lot changes in 4 years.
I don't understand what people find bad about their music but each to their own

"We were never a metalcore band" just SCREAMS arrogance to me
To deny his own past like Peter denied Jesus is just flat out pathetic

It's blatantly obvious that Trivium was a metalcore band before they started being a False Thrash Metal band along the lines of bands like Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold.