Trivium - The Crusade.......NO IMPROVEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue_Jay said:
Metalcore sucks and Trivium's newest album freakin rocks. It's real metal now!!!
sorry man you wouldnt know real metal if sixty megatons of it was dropped on your hometown by a fleet of B-52's

Décadent said:
Are you sure your Metallica mp3's aren't just relabelled Iron Maiden tracks? I'm listening to Anthem right now and it sounds nothing like Metallica. Other than the weak attempts at copying James' already weak style (yeh-eah, oh yeah, woa-oah), this sounds like stadium rock, including the absurd solos.
ARE YOU SURE YOUR IRON MAIDEN MP3S ARENT JUST RELABELLED MÖTLEY CRUE TRACKS

Whatever, man if you say it doesn't sound like Metallica then fine, but to me it does, and if you don't fucking like it then fucking blow me...

Hanger 18 said:
Ascendancy is completely metal-core, screaming then soft vocals....then screaming. Understand these things then come back to me.
i always saw metalcore vocals as more like hardcore shouting than screaming

i am ashamed to say that i own a copy of ascendancy and i don't mind it but it is metalcore and every song sounds EXACTLY THE SAME...i downloaded the new album and my only qualm is that trivium is basically stealing their sound DIRECTLY from old metallica but with the singing it sounds awful

Does Trivium release a cd every 6 weeks. I swear all the time there is a trivium's new album is more metal than the one before,,yadda. If I want to listen to real metal will just listen to real metal.

The new trvium sounds like master of puppets without the cool riffs or the same feeling mop has. it just sounds fake. of corse im stating the obvious.

A lot of bands have metallica sounding riffs(even I do). who cares

I'm not going too check out some crappy new bands music because of some riffs that sound like metallica. It's not like that has not been done a million times already. OMG the new trivium cd has RIFFS THAT SOUND LIKE METALLICA!

I agree that there is nothing terrible compelling about their songs, although they sound cool for a short time.

To the poster who said they are trying too hard to be the next Metallica...uhh...why would that be a bad thing if a bad is creating Metallica-sounding music a la Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning???

I think metal will come full circle soon once people get tired of metal core...so get used to bands playing longer epic like thrash.

It's probably because so much metal bands are influenced by metallica. Some crappy band like trivium is being picked out as in like no other bands are incorperating metallica influences, and for some reason 'trivium' should be noticed or marketed as being a real metal band with influences by a classic band metallica like they are someone bringing real metal back into the now solely. Horrible marketing plot.

Alright, seeing as how I knew this was going to happen, and that the thread creator authorized me via PM (thanks!) to close this, bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.