Troll...

I happen to share IMF09's pain. Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash and their output over the last 15 or so years has been disappointing to me as well. There are some bright spots (Crush, Poison My Eyes, SOWN album) but I also think WCFYA is completely unlistenable and Greater of Two Evils is bottom of the bargain bin fodder.

I've also voiced my opinion on what I think of Bush after the last two times I saw them. I wouldn't support them anymore if he was in the band.

When bands like Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam and Death Angel can put out albums that are just as heavy (or heavier) and (mostly) on par with their early material, I want Anthrax to do the same. It's not about making a "dated" album; it's about making an album that's strong enough to slide right next to STD, ATL and POT. Testament's "The Gathering" is not a dated album; it's probably their heaviest album and I believe it's probably the best thrash album. Period. It's not the recording quality, it's the hunger and quality of writing that some of us feel is lacking.

The Devil You Know sounds like 90's era 'thrax to me (which, in some people's words, would make it sound dated). I've yet to hear the entire album but there have been conflicting reviews from "people in the know" that have heard it. I want an old school thrash album from Anthrax and not the same old "formula" written songs that they've put out for the last 3 albums. It's not even about Joey vs John for me anymore, it's about getting an album that I like, which I'm sure they pine away thinking about every day of their lives.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the whole thing. I'm tired of people thinking that if they were to do a Thrash album it wouldn't be 'evolving' or would be 'dated' etc. Thats just bullshit. Dated is what they have been doing the past 3 albums.

You can still do thrash albums and 'evolve' at the same time. It is possible to 'evolve' without getting slower and more rock n roll.

None the less you can call me a troll, hater, or whatever you want to call me. I will always speak my opinions, and may even ram them down your throats, thats just the way I am and will always be. So if you need to put me on the ignore list go for it.

How speak to say nothing...???

If you are expecting an "good old school thrash album" like X or Y do, you lost your time here and you break the balls of the other people who are just expecting good music from a fuckin' good band

Anthrax do what they want to do, play what they want to play!
they don't change their way just because you cry about that!

I'm an huge fan of the 'old' Red Hot Chili Peppers! For me Blood Sugar is the better album of all the 20th century...
I don't lost my time in crying about that on the RHCP forum...:headbang:

I happen to share IMF09's pain. Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash and their output over the last 15 or so years has been disappointing to me as well. There are some bright spots (Crush, Poison My Eyes, SOWN album) but I also think WCFYA is completely unlistenable and Greater of Two Evils is bottom of the bargain bin fodder.

I've also voiced my opinion on what I think of Bush after the last two times I saw them. I wouldn't support them anymore if he was in the band.

When bands like Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam and Death Angel can put out albums that are just as heavy (or heavier) and (mostly) on par with their early material, I want Anthrax to do the same. It's not about making a "dated" album; it's about making an album that's strong enough to slide right next to STD, ATL and POT. Testament's "The Gathering" is not a dated album; it's probably their heaviest album and I believe it's probably the best thrash album. Period. It's not the recording quality, it's the hunger and quality of writing that some of us feel is lacking.

The Devil You Know sounds like 90's era 'thrax to me (which, in some people's words, would make it sound dated). I've yet to hear the entire album but there have been conflicting reviews from "people in the know" that have heard it. I want an old school thrash album from Anthrax and not the same old "formula" written songs that they've put out for the last 3 albums. It's not even about Joey vs John for me anymore, it's about getting an album that I like, which I'm sure they pine away thinking about every day of their lives.

I'd say the above is a shiny example of a combined cliches:
Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash and their output over the last 15 or so years has been disappointing to me as well.
Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam and Death Angel can put out albums that are just as heavy (or heavier) and (mostly) on par with their early material

personal statements aka opinions (completely wrong though):
but I also think WCFYA is completely unlistenable and Greater of Two Evils is bottom of the bargain bin fodder.

It's not the recording quality, it's the hunger and quality of writing that some of us feel is lacking.

and outbursts of depressive nostalgia interlaced with false allegations:
I want an old school thrash album from Anthrax and not the same old "formula" written songs that they've put out for the last 3 albums.

Many people here already said that life is not as complicated you think it is. All you need to do is find yourself something else to love.

I'd say the above is a shiny example of a combined cliches:
Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash and their output over the last 15 or so years has been disappointing to me as well.
Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam and Death Angel can put out albums that are just as heavy (or heavier) and (mostly) on par with their early material

personal statements aka opinions (completely wrong though):
but I also think WCFYA is completely unlistenable and Greater of Two Evils is bottom of the bargain bin fodder.

It's not the recording quality, it's the hunger and quality of writing that some of us feel is lacking.

and outbursts of depressive nostalgia interlaced with false allegations:
I want an old school thrash album from Anthrax and not the same old "formula" written songs that they've put out for the last 3 albums.

Many people here already said that life is not as complicated you think it is. All you need to do is find yourself something else to love.

Just because I'm not willing to happily gargle John Bush's load doesn't make my opinions on him or the bands output with him right or wrong; they're MY opinions and I haven't pushed them on anyone as truth or otherwise, I've simply stated that they're my own ("but I also think...."). It's called reading comprehension. Your opinion on Bush clouds you from hearing anyone else's, not the other way around.

Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash. I guess if they put out a country album and, as long as you liked the songs, that would be just gravy with you, wouldn't it? I'd call it crap but as long as you're not spending my $13 on the album, go ahead and buy whatever makes you happy.

And I guess since my (and IMF09's) opinion doesn't jive with yours, I/we should leave? Thank you Hitler, but I won't be going to camp with you today.

Just because I'm not willing to happily gargle John Bush's load doesn't make my opinions on him or the bands output with him right or wrong; they're MY opinions and I haven't pushed them on anyone as truth or otherwise, I've simply stated that they're my own ("but I also think...."). It's called reading comprehension. Your opinion on Bush clouds you from hearing anyone else's, not the other way around.

Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash. I guess if they put out a country album and, as long as you liked the songs, that would be just gravy with you, wouldn't it? I'd call it crap but as long as you're not spending my $13 on the album, go ahead and buy whatever makes you happy.

And I guess since my (and IMF09's) opinion doesn't jive with yours, I/we should leave? Thank you Hitler, but I won't be going to camp with you today.
Well spoken, this is a great example of a good poster expressing his opinion without being a dick. Even though I have very different viewpoints than you, as well as we here may have, you make good points and express those intelligently. Nice to see, glad to have you aboard.:headbang:

I think i need to have you post for me. You now how to post without pissing everyone off like me. But thats just how I do it. I guess I just can't put up with all of these people who say 'if you don't like it, leave' etc.

None the less good post, hopefully you don't get the 'troll' tag like me from it :lol::lol::lol:

a61763cb8d2609ad5588d84dd2b5eb48.gif

Who is this guy and why does he suddenly appear like this? Something fishy here....:lol:

Who is this guy and why does he suddenly appear like this? Something fishy here....:lol:

It's funny how the new Bushthrax era fans get so upset or think there is some conspiracy when someone doesn't like the Bush era material, or doesn't like how Anthrax changed from a Thrash band to more straight forward heavy rock. Believe it or not a lot old school Anthrax fans think the exact same way as him. But yes they don't come on this John Bush Era fan club because they have to constantly battle with the Bush Fan club over simply stating their displeasure of the direction Anthrax went after POT.

SO your conspiracy theory, most likely assuming this guy was me is dead wrong. But I think that Steve needs to stick around here and continue to stand up for some of the Old School AnTHRASH fans out there!

It's funny how the new Bushthrax era fans get so upset or think there is some conspiracy when someone doesn't like the Bush era material, or doesn't like how Anthrax changed from a Thrash band to more straight forward heavy rock. Believe it or not a lot old school Anthrax fans think the exact same way as him. But yes they don't come on this John Bush Era fan club because they have to constantly battle with the Bush Fan club over simply stating their displeasure of the direction Anthrax went after POT.

SO your conspiracy theory, most likely assuming this guy was me is dead wrong. But I think that Steve needs to stick around here and continue to stand up for some of the Old School AnTHRASH fans out there!

I just think it's funny that I've been posting here for a couple months now and suddenly I'm you.

It's not like you and I see eye to eye on everything: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/anthrax/699596-u-s-fall-tour-2.html

My brother's friend gave me a copy of Spreading the Disease back in '85 and that's the album that got me into thrash and it's why I want thrash albums from thrash bands; because that's what I love.