Troubles with my 6505

Jesseblast

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2014
Finland
Hello,

I'm struggling with my Peavey 6505. It keeps blowing the fuses (not always the same one) regularly, and I really can't find any reason behind that. I've even tried all the different output load settings and the result is always the same. Otherwise than that, it sounds perfectly normal when it's functioning.

Once I tried using different speaker cable and speaker, and it eventually resulted in massive buzzing sound, but no blow up. That time there was actually HM-2 in between the guitar and amp, so it might had caused it as well. Didn't came to thinking trying to find out, because it was during my gig.

I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!

What is your cab? Make sure all the speakers are working and connected properly or it will mess the total impedance.
Maybe try to measure the the resistance with an ohm meter, it should give you an approximation of the impedance.

Last edited:
Has it blown all three, or are there two its specifically blowing. Are the blowing randomly or during specific times? I had a pair of e34ls in an amp that were apparently running too hot and it killed my fuses but only when I would play and then turn it on standby.

Thanks for you helpful replies. I've been busy with all my duties lately, but I'll get back to this once I have more time. Haven't had time to test the impedances yet.

The cab I'm using is Framus Dragon 4x12. All the three different types of fuses in my amp have probably blown at least once, but usually it seems to be the 2As. The blowings have also happened quite randomly, sometimes during playing and sometimes when standby. I don't find any connections there.

The problem probably lies somewhere in the speaker connections. Thanks again. Cheers! 8)