True Detective

Honestly the lack of a direction to the narrative is more upsetting than any character on the show. I still hate his wife more than Vaughn. Still don't get his value to the season outside of fueling Farrell, but he's getting so much air time he must have something else to "give" to the audience.

Last nights episode was definitely not as strong as last weeks.

And yeah, Vaughn's acting is truly cringworthy, and Farrells not that far behind either. They were both horrendous in the opening scene ... but last scene with Vaughn and mexicans took the cake by showcasing just how bad of an actor Vaughn is.

Also L O fucking L at the track they used while infiltrating the sex mansion. This season shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as last season.

edit: yea, Rachel looked sexy as fuck in that dress.

Anyone else feel like there's just too many minor sub plots going on? I feel like I need to rewatch the entire show as soon as it's going to end, because of all the little details. Was the guy in the tunnel important before tonight? I don't remember him at all.

It looks like all the police chiefs - with the exception of the woman who organized the special task force - are in on it.

Everything on last night's episode was actually very consolidated; all the various plots are revealing themselves to be interconnected.

Yea it's shaping up to have a nice little finale. It wasnt great but I enjoyed the ride.

Honestly, McAdams is probably my fav part of the show. I mean she's god damn stunning, just a beautiful woman. I'm in love with Ani

Am I the only autistic fuck that back in the first episode when they revered Ani's sister, Athena, as the "goddess of love"? And why is "Ani" short for "Antigone"?

Zephyrus needs to weigh in on this conversation.

But yeah, McAdams is the reason I am coming back. Oh, and watching Velcoro do crazy drugs and destroy his apartment was rad.

AND THOSE FUCKING GANGSTA AS FUCK JEWS! I NEARLY DIED!

Honestly, McAdams is probably my fav part of the show. I mean she's god damn stunning, just a beautiful woman. I'm in love with Ani

To say nothing of her exceptional acting.

I know it's difficult for you to see past those bangs and those hips. :cool:

Am I the only autistic fuck that back in the first episode when they revered Ani's sister, Athena, as the "goddess of love"?

That sentence is kind of autistic.

As far as Ani being short for Antigone, what else are you going to call someone with that name? I think Ani is just the closest thing to a nickname that you can get.

finally got around to watching season 2. vince vaughn and his character's wife are total shit. i binged all 7 episodes on monday and now i'm in the process of re-watching. the first time through i was completely lost with the vinci police chief and lieutenant plot. i found those two characters forgettable. on the first viewing i couldn't match character name's to faces and was usually lost when the dialog mentioned characters that weren't on screen at the time. the show has been better on the second viewing now that i'm familiar with all the characters.

I'm really afraid to read this thread, but I've watched the first episode and was extremely disappointed. It was kind of boring and not really interesting. I really hope it picks up...

Honestly i'd wait till the finale comes out tomorrow and then binge watch it all. It's probably what I should have done, i'm sort of lost and confused over 2 months of a confusing and not that awesome plot line. I'll probably rewatch all 8 after it finishes and make my final opinion on it.

You just dont fuck with Mexican gangs/cartels man. Every movie, every tv series, they are the most hardcore nihilist motherfuckers of all time. I dont even think Russians have shit on them. You just don't fuck with Mexican gangs!