Official National Hockey League Thread

they got a contract in return from STL so there's no thinking this made room for Russell.

Yak was moved for like 2 3rds, that's crazy that was the best deal they could have gotten.

He's cancer in the room? Everybody (people around the Oilers) has said he's a low key, hardworking guy who just hasn't succeeded.

You not remember that time he was complaining not having enough ice time?

they got a contract in return from STL so there's no thinking this made room for Russell.

Yak was moved for like 2 3rds, that's crazy that was the best deal they could have gotten.

What contract? A guy who plays in the AHL/Juniors doesn't go on the Salary cap if they're not on the main roster.

Also the Oilers have 8 million in Cap Space apparently.

Last edited:
Also last year he said he wanted out of the Oilers. Just ask any Oilers fan and they'll tell you the exact same thing, they are glad he's gone. You can't blame management the way they played him either. He has to take responsibility for himself too. Just because you went 1st overall doesn't give the opportunity to hit 1st line minutes right away. There are guys who deserved that instead of him.

Also Yakupov solely thinks offense, I watched a game the other night and he constantly puck watches and rarely covers his man. After 4 years going on his 5th and you have yet to learn the fundamentals in the NHL, you sir need to go play elsewhere. It's that kind of play McClellan and Chiarelli hate and they evidently had enough they want to win now and don't exactly want to teach a kid who should have learned some basic nhl fundamentals in his first few years... They had enough trying to get to him.

And then he goes and takes a shot on twitter to Edmonton. Seriously get over yourself. Have fun battling out for 4th line minutes :)

So do the Wings draft Nolan Patrick or Timothy Liljegrin...

Might have a legitimate shot at one of them if the team doesn't get it's shit together at some point.

How about them Habs ladies and gents?

Carey Price = Best Player in the League right now . I don't give a fuck if anyone says Crosby is. Price has been a beast the past 3 years. And he just keeps getting better and better. His stats right now this season are ridiculous.

:lol: right when i say that they get fucking lit up lol, but seriously fuck Therrien you don't leave a goalie in for 10 fucking goals wtf...

@rms they went 3-0-1 without Price at the beginning of the year so...

I've started Tivo-ing the Avs because they're such a trainwreck, lol. Wonder what happens to Duchene at the trade deadline. He might go to Anaheim, but I think they'd rather move Vatanen to Tampa for Drouin. Montreal maybe?

Duchene to Montreal would make sense, it would gives us a legitimate 2nd line center, but we'd have go give up Sergachev who is going to be an absolute stud in this league and probably Beaulieu plus a 1st or 2nd round pick. But it would be worth it. The time is now while Price is in his prime, yeah I know he's been playing bad recently, but I think the whole team has been sick of Michel Therrien's defense first game.

And man Claude Julien back as Habs coach, this is a good move. The best coach available on the market and they wasted no time getting him and ditching Therrien.

Don't get why the Rangers didn't jump on a Shattenkirk signing since they're in desperate need of another good defenseman behind McDonagh, if they want to win the cup. Now might have him against them instead if they go up against the Caps in the playoffs.

Don't get why the Rangers didn't jump on a Shattenkirk signing since they're in desperate need of another good defenseman behind McDonagh, if they want to win the cup. Now might have him against them instead if they go up against the Caps in the playoffs.

hey they added brendan smith

:lol: