Official National Hockey League Thread

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
So, I figured I'd start this one since we are about a month an a half away from pre-season commencing and some teams are still trying to lock up their young players/vets whom some have landed in Arbitration.

I am seriously pissed about the way Montreal is handling P.K. Subban's contract negotiations. He's your star player along with Price and they are so far apart on salary, lock him up long term you'd be stupid not too. I totally get why he's asking for 8.5 mill a year. When Phaneuf who's so god damn overrated makes 7 a year. Subban should def make more.

Phaneuf's contract has killed what D-Men should really be making.

This season should be interesting though, alot of interesting moves in the off season.

PK really should get at least 8

Glad we have Tats inked for another 3 and at 2.75 so pretty good value especially since he has 25/25 potential

Next just have to sign DeKeyser and all is good for this season contract wise

I'm really excited for hockey next season. It's the start of a whole new chapter in Pens history. New coaches and players, should be awesome. Last season ended exactly how I expected it to so it was basically a waste of an entire year of hockey. I expect more this time around.

Yeah I'll watch some of the games this season too. Rooting for sharks of corpse. The summer without NHL is nice so you get all wet for the season to start again.

(y)

They would have been extremely stupid not to lock him up long term. And why haven't they given him the "C" yet? He's the most obvious choice in my opinion.

So rookie camps started this week and the actual team camps start next week. We're getting closer to puck drup guys I can't wait!!!

Feels like yesterday the season ended. There are so many story lines going into this upcoming season to follow. I don't even know where to begin.

There's a story on NHL.com right now about the Oilers "seeking better results" which I thought was fairly evident considering how awful they've been for what feels like an eternity. Can you imagine them bombing again this season? Edmonton's suicide rate may start to go up slightly if it continues. Oh and what about the Capitals? If they don't have a bounce back season or make an impact in the playoffs shit will hit the fan. Especially if Ovechkin keeps playing the way he's been lately.

EDM I think will be all right, Yakupov can't be worse and the off season signins were solid especially with a full year of Scrivens. Caps can't be worse either, Orpik will be worth that money a season or two and then they get Kuznetsov full time and Trotz coaching, should both be turnin' it around

The Pens finally decided to go back to the black and gold for their third jerseys. It's the ones from the 80's and early 90's. They look fucking sweet, I can't wait for this season. The powder blue ones were cool for awhile but so many teams have third jerseys that look alike so they needed to go I think. These ones are way better.

pittsburgh-penguins-third-jersey-black-2014.jpg

Those are pretty nice. I always dug the mid-'90s modern penguin shield, but apparently that look wasn't too popular. Never liked the baby blue Pens. Reminds me too much of the MLB trend of the late '70s where about half the league wore baby blues in spite of their primary colors.
15.jpg

258602d1339907765-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-steve_carlton_-phillies-.jpg

Pens should have always been black and gold.

Agreed. I didn't post them for that reason. Cubs, Expos, Braves, Twins, and Blue Jays also did baby blue, but they at least had blue as a main color. Just not that shade. It was a weird trend in pro sports. I think the Chargers and Oilers were the only in NFL, and just the Pens in NHL. When only one team does it, it seems unique and special, but when 8 do it, it's a trend. The Chargers and Penguins caught a break, because they were the only ones in their sport.

So far I watched the two Montréal pre-season games, against BOS and COL and they won both after reversing the score. Both Subban and Pacioretty got some nice shots there too. I'm kinda starting to like the team even though I'm not a big fan of Plekanec for example.

I'm going to watch some more games at work tomorrow.