NFL 2012

NFL wouldn't care, they already have their money. It would only benefit advertisers who have already spent capital to have people still watching.

NFL wouldn't care, they already have their money. It would only benefit advertisers who have already spent capital to have people still watching.

Networks factor in as well in the ad bit. You can charge a higher price for later ad slots when a "premium product" can be promised.

This game would not affect next year's ad dollars, you guys are crazy and i'm done with this and I hope I dont hear/see Ray Lewis cry again.

Of course it would! If I was an ad exec and saw that the NFL will keep it close so more people will tune into my oh-so-clever commercial, you bet I'd pay.

Football. The New Boxing.

Feb. 7, 2010 Saints 31 Colts 17
Feb. 4, 2007 Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17
Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7

So I guess ads weren't that much money in those years.

You guys are nuts. If the NFL wanted to rig games so that they make the most money then whatever team Peyton plays on would win the Super Bowl every year. That hasn't happened so therefore you are wrong.

the 2 of those that can be considered a blowout is 2001 and 2003. nice try. the others are 2 score games.

we are not saying they rigged who won. I dont think they care who won, as long as it's close.

Feb. 7, 2010 Saints 31 Colts 17
Feb. 4, 2007 Indianapolis 29, Chicago 17
Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7

So I guess ads weren't that much money in those years.

The last blow out was that TB game. They have been mitigated. This game was looking like the last Baltimore SB win .......until the power dropped.

@KR: No one cares about Peyton anymore.

Goddamnit Dak, shut the fuck up. People like you and this Wayward cunt honestly destroy the integrity of the game more than a few shitty calls or a power outage ever could.

The 49ers have come from behind like this all year, so it isn't anything new for them to do so.

I'm glad that the Ravens managed to pull ahead, but to imply that there was an attempted fix is fucking absurd.

That game was awesome. Was not fixed. Use logic people. Having a 34 minute delay when the game was 28-6 probably demolished ratings to a point that SFs comback could not recover. People changed the channel, left bars, went out etc. Most people will not sit around for 34 minutes to wacth a game that's already a blowout. Certainly thinned out the crowd at the bar I was at...

No fix ideeouts! Ravens won because they said fuck you to Denver NE and of course the 9Ers...never intimidated. I may have underestimated the ravens talent but still stand by that they won on intangibles. They fear no team, they're the toughest team, they play with heart and emotion not talent. They had no business winning in denver or NE or against the 9ers...yes they were the underdog. And yet most importantly in this great game of football...they simply made sure that on every play all 11 players did their job better than the other team

I think it's remarkably silly to credit toughness, heart, and lack of fear for victory, rather than talent, strategy, and execution. I mean, let's say SF does score with one minute to go and hold on. Does the result of 3-5 plays determine that one team or the other had more intangibles in their favor? The difference in the game by the end was largely that Baltimore had a huge special teams play, won the turnover battle, and took advantage of a putrid performance by the homophobe on SF.