In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

krofius

Mar 16, 2009
Don't know if anyone even visits this board anymore lol, but I thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread like I did on the last album, and maybe like last time, the forum will go from completely dead to some activity.

So the information thus far about the album:
There are 13 songs.
One song is called ''Everything's Gone''
There is a guy called Martin doing guest-vocals. On one song only, I'd assume. He's a host on Sweden's rock radio station and can actually sing very good and has his own band also so that will be interesting.
There is 2 slower/balladish songs on this album.
Björn & Anders is doing all the music on this album again. Niclas however, was in the studio recording during the whole time as well, so I assume he's going to have at least some input on the album even if he hasn't written the actual songs.
Örjan Örnkloo is handling the keyboard/synth stuff again.
Same producer/engineer and recorders like on the last album (Roberto Laghi and Daniel Bergstrand)

Here's a short 10sec riff sample that actually reminds me of the Suburban Me intro, during 00:15-00:25
http://tv.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/noje/musik/article27189.ab
And here's a 8sec riff
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...083229926&type=3&video_source=pages_video_set

It's going to be interesting how it'll sound, and I bet we will start hearing some more interesting news after the new year, a single might not be that far away after all.

Hoping for the best, expecting same ol' middle-age-crisis-emo stuff.

If it's anywhere near the same level as SOAPF I'll be happy.

Got some few more news...Swedens biggest Rock Magazine did a 8page story on IF when they had only 1week left of the recordings in December.

One probable name of a song is ''Dopamine'' which sounded like one of the slower/balladish type of songs. Anders said it was called Dopamine but it might not be the final song name, we'll see soon.

There might/should be one song with a more oldschool death metal sound/vibe/elements in it because in the story Björn said he wrote a Florida old school death metal song or one inspired by it, and he originally meant for the song to be for a hobbyband but he asked the other guys what they thought and they liked it, so they ''In Flames'ed'' the song and recorded it. No idea how much they changed it from the original riffs or ideas but it sounds kinda interesting IMO and should end up to be one of the heavier songs I suppose.

They also said there were many songs both on this but especially on the previous album who sounded like the ''Standard model In Flames two-two time'' music(meaning the typical pattern of the song) that they reworked because they feel they've already done it and perfected that type of songs in the past, so they don't feel like doing the same thing over again. It's hard to translate it to give it the proper meaning in English because they are using Swedish slangs so it might not be perfectly understandable.

We should definitely hear some big news soon, track listing should come anytime I think, and maybe artwork too.

They also said there were many songs both on this but especially on the previous album who sounded like the ''Standard model In Flames two-two time'' music(meaning the typical pattern of the song) that they reworked because they feel they've already done it and perfected that type of songs in the past, so they don't feel like doing the same thing over again. It's hard to translate it to give it the proper meaning in English because they are using Swedish slangs so it might not be perfectly understandable.

We should definitely hear some big news soon, track listing should come anytime I think, and maybe artwork too.

Previous album meaning SOAPF? Because I thought that album had varying song structures which is good. ASOP had the same verse-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-chorus throughout the entire album.

I'm wary about the upcoming album... so far the pattern since R2R has been:

R2R - Good
STYE - Awful
CC - Good
ASOP - Disgusting
SOAPF - Good
New album - ?

Buck the trend, N'Flamez ...

R2R - Good
STYE - Awful
CC - Good
ASOP - Disgusting
SOAPF - Good
New album - TJR pt.2 :p

Previous album meaning SOAPF? Because I thought that album had varying song structures which is good. ASOP had the same verse-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-chorus throughout the entire album.

Yes, previous album meaning SOAPF, but what I meant to write if u didn't understand was that they said that many songs HAD that standard structure and then they re-arranged them and that is probably why it ended up having more varied song structures since they changed it up, which is a good thing.

R2R - Good
STYE - Awful
CC - Good
ASOP - Disgusting
SOAPF - Good
New album - TJR pt.2 :p

I wouldn't want them making TJR Part 2 at this point tbh. Without Jesper and considering Anders' current vocal abilities I could only see it being an utter disaster. If they release something in the vein of SOAPF I'll be happy enough :Smokedev:

Yes, previous album meaning SOAPF, but what I meant to write if u didn't understand was that they said that many songs HAD that standard structure and then they re-arranged them and that is probably why it ended up having more varied song structures since they changed it up, which is a good thing.

Ah, ok. Cool.

Came back after 3 years to see if there would be a thread about the new album.
Was not disappointed.

Been a while since I've listened to In Flames, I hope they get me obsessed over their music again.

Forgot to add that except for the probable songname Dopamine, there's also a song called ''Become the Sky'', Anders said in the magazine that I translated a bit.

excited for the new album. as you get older it seems there's less and less to look forward to, but i always look forward to a new in flames album. very intrigued to hear the death metal inspired track.