IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Pallbearer

Passive Member
Almost time for a new thread? :D
From the looks of things on Anders and Bjorn’s instagram they are back in LA doing some recording with the tag #xiii

What’s to expect this time I wonder.. I’m sure it’ll be a long time before we hear anything but it’s good to see them back in the studio

btw its time for a new thread boyz, make it happen!

Here's your thread guys. :)

After the disappointments that came in form of SC and Battles my expectations remain low. But who knows, maybe third time's the charm? Haven't got any real feelings of excitement or anticipation but I'm most probably going to listen to the new album and bash on it (not necessarily in this particular order, though :D ) anyway when I'm able to do so.

RIP old thread. Officially the longest album thread in IF UM forum history, even if 50% of it is probably Jester Slave essays on life, music and the universe.

This thread has big shoes to fill.

So, I just saw that the same guy who co-produced Siren Charms (Roberto Laghi) also co-produced Cyhra's Letters to Myself. That was... surprising.

And produced soapf and co-produced asop.

I'd be interested to know what part of the production this guy deals with. I mean, between ASOP, SOAPF, SC and LTM alone you are talking vastly different sounding albums. Some mixed like ass sweat (ASOP, SC), some mixed well (SOAPF, LTM), but all very different.

Also, listening to LtM makes me think that IF miss more than just Jesper's riffs/melodies. They seem to miss his ability to structure songs well, too. Pretty much every song on LtM flows really well, even if there are a few jarring moments (random electronic beeps in Here to Save You, for example). There's nothing that sounds seriously wrong, and even though the song structures are similar on most of the tracks they all feel fresh and different. SC and Battles in comparison are structurally clunky at best, particularly when it comes to integrating the vocals with the instruments, something Jesper and Jake manage flawlessly on LtM.

Reactions: eochaid
Well it was time for a new one, i guess this will be my third thread here. Time really flies :D

I really like Battles, hoping for a more melodic direction though. More melodies, less "The Truth" would be just fine. I will be delighted to hear anything if its not sound like SC, i really don't like that album except for few songs.

RIP old thread. Officially the longest album thread in IF UM forum history, even if 50% of it is probably Jester Slave essays on life, music and the universe.

This thread has big shoes to fill.

Watching Slave and our angry Spaniard friend is really fun though, hoping more of it on this one too!

Also, listening to LtM makes me think that IF miss more than just Jesper's riffs/melodies. They seem to miss his ability to structure songs well, too. Pretty much every song on LtM flows really well, even if there are a few jarring moments (random electronic beeps in Here to Save You, for example). There's nothing that sounds seriously wrong, and even though the song structures are similar on most of the tracks they all feel fresh and different. SC and Battles in comparison are structurally clunky at best, particularly when it comes to integrating the vocals with the instruments, something Jesper and Jake manage flawlessly on LtM.

Hmm, Jesper fan gay much De4Life? :D

I tried to get into LtM and Cyhra but i just can't. Biggest and the only reason is that those boring vocals. I can agree that Jesper still got it, but he needs to find a good vocal for that band.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks Jake is a good singer and Anders isn't, so I guess we have very different tastes in music. For me Jake is a perfect fit for that album and I imagine Jesper is enjoying working with a guy who - and no offence to you or Anders when I say this - can actually sing properly.

Gay for Jeppe, no, but I was really happy when Letters to Myself was released. Jesper's songwriting created some of my absolute favourite music, so for him to come back with an album which I like so much is great, especially considering all of the issues he's had. IMHO Karma & Closure are better than anything IF has done in the last decade, and I include SOAPF in that, even though I really like that album.

It would be cool for Jesper to do something with scream vocals again too, might even get me back into melodeath, but I dunno if he's interested in going that direction any more. If anything LtM is closer to the power metal side of the spectrum.

I'd be interested to know what part of the production this guy deals with. I mean, between ASOP, SOAPF, SC and LTM alone you are talking vastly different sounding albums. Some mixed like ass sweat (ASOP, SC), some mixed well (SOAPF, LTM), but all very different.
In asop he was initially hired to produce the bass, but you think that he ended being more involved. For soapf I remember Björn saying that they told him that they wanted the album to sound expensive

Well it was time for a new one, i guess this will be my third thread here. Time really flies :D

I really like Battles, hoping for a more melodic direction though. More melodies, less "The Truth" would be just fine. I will be delighted to hear anything if its not sound like SC, i really don't like that album except for few songs.

Watching Slave and our angry Spaniard friend is really fun though, hoping more of it on this one too!

Hmm, Jesper fan gay much De4Life? :D

I tried to get into LtM and Cyhra but i just can't. Biggest and the only reason is that those boring vocals. I can agree that Jesper still got it, but he needs to find a good vocal for that band.
He is a good vocalist. You don't like his voice? That's ok. But he can sing.

Gay for Jeppe, no, but I was really happy when Letters to Myself was released. Jesper's songwriting created some of my absolute favourite music, so for him to come back with an album which I like so much is great, especially considering all of the issues he's had. IMHO Karma & Closure are better than anything IF has done in the last decade, and I include SOAPF in that, even though I really like that album.
The more I listen to it the more I think that karma or letters to myself are if modern songs with another singer. Sorry, I said singer, I meant vocalist.

It would be cool for Jesper to do something with scream vocals again too, might even get me back into melodeath, but I dunno if he's interested in going that direction any more. If anything LtM is closer to the power metal side of the spectrum.
Well he did revive DZ and said he was gonna write the album and already had some stuff written back in some AMA on facebook or interview, I think he said something about 2018 so he might do something with it this year, but then again I think he just posted some bullshit about starting to write Cyhra's 2nd album sadly.

Anders posted a photo on instagram with the hastag #thevoid. So, maybe we have the title of the first song The Void and some of the lyrics: Going deep, beyond reality

It looks like Anders and Bjorn are in Los Angeles writing and demoing stuff, waiting for the others to record. So probably we can hope for a late 2018 release or an early 2019. To be honest, I didn't expect them to go back in studio so soon. The biggest problem with the latest album was that they rushed on it, so I was expecting them to take some more time off before they start writing again. Anyway, I'm keeping my expectations low and I'm waiting to hear some new music.

Anders posted a photo on instagram with the hastag #thevoid. So, maybe we have the title of the first song The Void and some of the lyrics: Going deep, beyond reality

Or he's just a fan of DT's We Are The Void :D

Reactions: Ilias7
Well he did revive DZ and said he was gonna write the album and already had some stuff written back in some AMA on facebook or interview, I think he said something about 2018 so he might do something with it this year, but then again I think he just posted some bullshit about starting to write Cyhra's 2nd album sadly.

Not too bothered about DZ at this point so a second Cyhra album would be fine by me. I did notice that new DZ vocalist is the former Amaranthe screamer.... Jesper must have really been digging Amaranthe in the past few years :D

It would be awesome to hear another DZ album, I love that band. It's a shame though Jocke wont be on the new one. I saw a new post from Jesper and he's said that "And yes. DZ has planted some seeds;)" which got me excited.