In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I never knew Noa was a unisex name. Honestly, I expected some latino, macalelababra name. Next thing you'll tell me not everyone is called Garcia there.
Never liked Supernat, but at least you have a cat, so you are not the worst people on Earth. Cats are awesome, I used to have 3-4 + kittens all the time.

I would not count minor content into those hours. 500 hours sounds amazing, but how much of that is quality content? It's probably like Dragon age 3, where if you want to explore everything, you can spend days playing the game, but if you focus on the campaign, it's not that long. Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening + DLCs took me like ~80 hours, but I skipped some content there, as I was overhwelmed. It had amazing companions and some extremely hard choices. Not to mention it was awesome that you could choose your origin.
Noa is not the same as Noah. It's a Galician name that comes from Basque ainhoa. And not, not everyone is Garcia here, sorry to dissapoint you. Garcia is very common but, as an example, my last name is from Celtic origin, and many people in the north of Spain has fair hair, pale skin and blue eyes, since we were, in ancient times a mix of celts and iberians.

Skyrim is about 200 hours if you use fast travelling, but you can only do this after discovering the place you want to go and, by doing this, you'll skip a lot of places and missions. I would say that 90% it's high quality game.

Seems like there will be a new album in 2016 then. Anders said in some interview 2-3 months ago that after the New Year break they would either tour some more or start working on a new album, and considering their recent post that ''Their gift will arrive to the world in 2016'' it can only mean album. It's only been 15 months since the release but remember it was delayed, the actual recording was already done in December 2013, and it was fully mixed and mastered in January/February. Going to be an interesting 2016 indeed. New drummer & most likely album. Also, Amon Amarth, Gojira, Dark Tranquillity, Be'Lakor releasing new albums.

Seems like there will be a new album in 2016 then. Anders said in some interview 2-3 months ago that after the New Year break they would either tour some more or start working on a new album, and considering their recent post that ''Their gift will arrive to the world in 2016'' it can only mean album. It's only been 15 months since the release but remember it was delayed, the actual recording was already done in December 2013, and it was fully mixed and mastered in January/February. Going to be an interesting 2016 indeed. New drummer & most likely album. Also, Amon Amarth, Gojira, Dark Tranquillity, Be'Lakor releasing new albums.

Or maybe the gift they refer to is the live album they recorded in Gothenburg?

Seems like there will be a new album in 2016 then. Anders said in some interview 2-3 months ago that after the New Year break they would either tour some more or start working on a new album, and considering their recent post that ''Their gift will arrive to the world in 2016'' it can only mean album.

I hope not. They struggle to fit songs into their set as it is, with each new album there's less chance of the older stuff being included. I don't think Siren Charms lends well to live performances, as the songs are so lifeless, but another new album isn't necessarily the answer. Although if it was another SOAPF I wouldn't complain.

Any news about the new drummer?

I'm wondering if this time Niclas will be doing some of the tunes for the new album. I'm willing to know if that will affect the sound of the band.

I haven't heard anything about the drummer.

Last night I dreamed I was attending an In Flames show. One of the guitarists, can't remember whether it was Niclas or Björn, was gone and John Petrucci was there instead of him. There were a lot of old-school fans present and many of them were booing at the band for "playing only the new crap". The band didn't look very appreciative of it. After about two thirds of the set had been played Anders announced the next song would be Cloud Connected, continuing "That's a song old enough for you. Now dance to this you clowns, after this one we're leaving."

^Well, that's uh... vivid.

Happy New Year everyone of you pieces of shit.

Few thoughts:

1. New drummer? Any ideas? Speculation? Gonna be weird without Daniel.

2. IF's optimistic and encouraging tweet about this year leaves a lot of room for wonder. What are we feeling like?

3. The most recent setlist they were playing on that Euro club tour was great. Hopefully they continue to play sets even half as awesome. Especially when they come back to the states :D

Latest fb post says they are watching x files in between songwriting!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-25-21-07-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-25-21-07-14.png
    838.8 KB · Views: 2
Damn this place has changed! I remember discussing the release of Sounds of A Playground Fading and Siren Charms with @DE4life and @krofius

For the life of me I couldn't get in to Siren Charms. Really hate to sound so negative, but I haven't got high expectations for the next record.

Damn this place has changed! I remember discussing the release of Sounds of A Playground Fading and Siren Charms with @DE4life and @krofius

For the life of me I couldn't get in to Siren Charms. Really hate to sound so negative, but I haven't got high expectations for the next record.

Siren Charms never grew on me either. It's the only n'flaymz album along with ASOP that isn't on my mp3 player.

I think I've come to terms with the fact In Flames are finished as a decent metal band. SOAPF was basically their metal swansong, and a great way to go out of the genre. Good luck to them going forward with this rock-pop thing.

Siren Charms never grew on me either. It's the only n'flaymz album along with ASOP that isn't on my mp3 player.

I think I've come to terms with the fact In Flames are finished as a decent metal band. SOAPF was basically their metal swansong, and a great way to go out of the genre. Good luck to them going forward with this rock-pop thing.

It's funny but I'm more of a fan of pop-infused rock or prog rock. Basically softer music in general. But I find Siren Charms to be just weaker song writing in general.

I must say though I do enjoy When The World Explodes (mainly due to the emotional reaction it evokes, with the female vox and great use of the keys) and Everything's Gone is pretty cool, nice and heavy.

I just don't feel like I can take Anders' lyrics seriously any more. Apart from When The World Explodes which seems quite heartfelt and on a different level in terms of song-writing.

I love alt-rock stuff. Just don't think In Flames are particularly good at writing in that style. Either write melodic death metal or write alt rock music, the middle ground seems watered down.

I love alt-rock stuff. Just don't think In Flames are particularly good at writing in that style. Either write melodic death metal or write alt rock music, the middle ground seems watered down.

Yeah, I'd agree. I have no problem with pop-rock when done well, but it generally requires a decent singer and Anders is not. It also requires a little variety, something Siren Charms had none of.

SOAPF was so good (to me, anyway) that the blandness of SC was actually a surprise. If SC had come out after ASOP I would have been more at peace with its shittyness. It's almost like In Flames died with ASOP, revived briefly for SOAPF then totally flatlined on SC. I guess we'll find out this year whether they really are dead this time (as a decent metal band, anyway) or able to recover once again.

^ You mean like how In Flames - In Flames verse riff and Black Sabbath - Under The Sun verse riff are very similar as well? =) 35seconds~ into both songs: