Official National Hockey League Thread

Sucks for Edmonton that Vladimir Tkachev' 3 year entry level contract was rejected because he played 2 KHL games and only played half the QMJHL season with the Moncton Wildcats. What a dumb fucking rule.

I mean the kid was passed over in the draft is 5'8" and weighs a 129 lbs. And he made guys a 100 lbs heavier than him look like amateurs.

Now with that said he's eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft, and I guarantee you he doesn't get passed up, add some muscle to that already incredible skill (The guy has sick hands man I've watched him since he arrived in Moncton last year) and you've most likely got a 2nd line forward in the future. He ain't getting passed up on this time, the next Marty St. Louis?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=632926

Last edited by a moderator:
Cup or bust for the Hawks this year. Hopefully Richards has solved their perpetual 2nd line center problems.

That Tkachyov kid could have the upside of a Fleury or Kane, but no one stays that light, so he'll slow down and face faster skaters, and there's a limit to how effective someone that small can be. Steve Sullivan might be a more reasonable projection.

Sucks for Edmonton that Vladimir Tkachev' 3 year entry level contract was rejected because he played 2 KHL games and only played half the QMJHL season with the Moncton Wildcats. What a dumb fucking rule.

I mean the kid was passed over in the draft is 5'8" and weighs a 129 lbs. And he made guys a 100 lbs heavier than him look like amateurs.

Now with that said he's eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft, and I guarantee you he doesn't get passed up, add some muscle to that already incredible skill (The guy has sick hands man I've watched him since he arrived in Moncton last year) and you've most likely got a 2nd line forward in the future. He ain't getting passed up on this time, the next Marty St. Louis?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=632926

He still needs to gain like 50 pounds. He'll get demolished if he doesn't build more lower body and core strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
^He's actually thrown some hits in the games lol. And he'll no doubt gain some muscle down the road though.

Wow, fuck Blake Comeau AND this official

2014-10-01%2022_24_50.gif

Cross checked in the back and the official doesn't jump up straight like they're taught to and as a result knees Tatar in the head

Not bring his knees up?

He was in a good enough position, but should have went flat against the boards.

I'm probably a bit salty here more so than usual since Comeau was the one who injured Datsyuk. Though I really don't think players like him have a place in this league.

At least he isn't as bad as Chris Neil.

EDIT:

Anyways, I've been very pleased with Nick Jensen's play this preseason - he might be playing himself into a roster spot

Pretty cool that we might actually end up having both 1st and 2nd teamers for the ACHA all american teams on our defense if Jensen makes the roster

To quote someone from another board

"Someone needs to give Blake Comeau an elbow to the back of the head and start a viral "Blake Coma" meme immediately after."

Sharks started nicely. Gonna watch some other games tomorrow at work. The Montréal/Toronto one definitely and then maybe some of the tonight ones.

Stepan and Boyle out. Starting good for the Rangers and I'm happily surprised over Duclair. Hopefully he can be the goal scorer that Rangers need. Looking forward to this season with all the changes.

Wings give up a goal on the first shot against them of the game, but then just shut Boston down the rest of the way.

Great game, everyone played well most of the game - only real glaring error was Ericsson's turnover that lead to the Boston goal.

Man, So far I like the way the Habs are playing, they showed character after that piss poor first period against the Capitals. And they didn't lose momentum after having Bourque's goal disallowed. Which is a good sign of a group effort.

Blues started so poorly. Not worried.
That knee to knee on Stastny was scary
Surprised Allen didn't get the first start of the year

Wings give up a goal on the first shot against them of the game, but then just shut Boston down the rest of the way.

Great game, everyone played well most of the game - only real glaring error was Ericsson's turnover that lead to the Boston goal.

It took 1 game for the Tyler Myers to Detroit rumors to surface yet again..