Official National Hockey League Thread

Both are very early into their NHL careers, so you can't really say, yet.

I'm going to see Ducks-Sabres tonight. Hopefully it's a lot like last Monday's game.

LOL... Scrivens is 28 and Viktor Fasth is 32. Yeah clearly early into their NHL Careers...

LOL... Scrivens is 28 and Viktor Fasth is 32. Yeah clearly early into their NHL Careers...

Don't be a fucking moron, Fasth just came over from Sweden two years ago, and he was injured for most of last season. His NHL career just started. Scrivens is only in his second full NHL season. I didn't say they were young, I said they were early into their NHL careers, which you clearly can't differentiate.

Remember this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Thomas_(ice_hockey)

Don't be a fucking moron, Fasth just came over from Sweden two years ago, and he was injured for most of last season. His NHL career just started. Scrivens is only in his second full NHL season. I didn't say they were young, I said they were early into their NHL careers, which you clearly can't differentiate.

Remember this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Thomas_(ice_hockey)

I'm sorry, but Tim Thomas had a team in front of him, what did he do when he wasn't in Boston? I'll tell you he's been bouncing from team to team, doing fuck all.

I'm just laughing at you thinking Edmonton is actually going to go somewhere with those goalies. It's not going to happen. And you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

I'm sorry, but Tim Thomas had a team in front of him, what did he do when he wasn't in Boston? I'll tell you he's been bouncing from team to team, doing fuck all.

I'm just laughing at you thinking Edmonton is actually going to go somewhere with those goalies. It's not going to happen. And you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

1) I brought up Tim Thomas as an example of a goalie who didn't make it in the NHL until later in life. He was like 32 when he finally won the starting job in Boston.

2) I never said the Oilers are going anywhere. Can you point out where I said such? All I said was that Scrivens and Fasth are decent!

1) I brought up Tim Thomas as an example of a goalie who didn't make it in the NHL until later in life. He was like 32 when he finally won the starting job in Boston.

2) I never said the Oilers are going anywhere. Can you point out where I said such? All I said was that Scrivens and Fasth are decent!

Ok fine, but I don't see where I said that goalies never become late bloomers.

Wow the Pens actually managed to beat the Devils for a change and in emphatic fashion as well. 8-3 damn.

Glad to see the Wings came back from one of the bigger ref fuck ups in recent memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a bad break, but the right call. The ref never saw where the puck was so he couldn't call it as going in off the netting.

Its NOWHERE near as bad as the call above.

It is downright sad that it came down to it against Buffalo of all teams, but Wings got screwed again by a bullshit no goal call...

Be quiet sir. Detroit dodged two penalties on the 2nd goal, so move on by forgetting that the rule was entirely right.

From the NHL Rulebook
Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper – This rule is based on the premise
that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the
crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be
allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking
players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances
be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking
player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s
ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an
attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a
goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact
with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when
such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the
attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.
The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice
judgement of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or
review.

So being in the crease has nothing to do with it, but contact with the goalie does.