Official National Hockey League Thread

Franzen didn't initiate contact with the netminder, and unless you're going to say that impeding his vision is interfering with his ability to make a save then I don't see how this is justified.

EDIT:

Appaaarrenntly,
"If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed."

So okay, I guess it was probably a good call. Would like to see some kind of consistency applied to GI calls though.

That said the Wings know this kind of thing is being called, they should know to stay the fuck out of the crease.

I'm pretty worried about the Blackhawks. This is no longer an especially young team, and they're getting outskated quite a bit of the time. It's not a big sample, but Sharp, Hossa, and Richards are on the wrong side of the aging curve, and they are not producing. Third and fourth lines are not generating chances like they did in better times. Coach Q tends to bury youngsters, which is not helping. The fact that Carcillo saw a minute of ice time proves that fact. Best case is that the team has just been a bit unlucky lately.

Pens are on fire right now, I'm waiting for them to cool off but I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon. They need a big lead in the conference and the division so they have breathing room when things get rough in the middle of winter.

Pens are on fire right now, I'm waiting for them to cool off but I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon. They need a big lead in the conference and the division so they have breathing room when things get rough in the middle of winter.

the real test is playoff time lol...

Goddamnit cannot wait for tomorrow's game, 5 days with no Wings game? Weird scheduling.

Pretty sure there is a game every other day until mid-December now though.

Blues get a huge win against an awesome Nashville team!
STL line again kills it!
Good seeing Stastny show up on the scoresheet. Need to get him going.
Jake Allen is a great backup.
Love this team!

Fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game.

Big game tonight between the Habs and Penguins. It's going be a fast and intense game, Hopefully it shows where Montreal really stands in the east and that they belong near the top.

Pascal Dupuis is out at least 6 months with a blood clot in his lung. WOW. This team must be cursed by the hockey gods or something. Letang has a stroke, Maata has a cancerous tumor on his thyroid and now Dupuis is out AGAIN with another major injury for an extended period of time. That really sucks for the team but mostly for him. I've actually met him face to face and he's a good guy, I hope he gets well.

I'm glad the Habs young guys got a reality check. tells the young guys we have a good team, but we're not quite at Elite status yet.